Chapter 4

William's POV

"Somehow it's another day, yet, it still feels like the day as it was yesterday – the more I think of it, the more it gets pierced through my head. Unless I'll set aside the usual and plan something extraordinary." I silently muttered to myself as I sighed deeply in dismay while looking leisurely at myself in the mirror. However, I completely despised all of the thoughts away and quickened my pace since I couldn't afford to be late.

Once I arrived at the company, all the staff would customarily greet me whenever I passed by every day – which isn't new by the way. As soon as I got in my office, I rang my assistant to bring me a cup of coffee for I have to bestir while planning and working on the recent project that will be developed next year, or better yet this year if luck is on our side. Hence, my thoughts were being dismissed once I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Come in." I simply ordered without glancing at who it was.

"Good Morning, Mr. Scott! Here's your cup of coffee." She greeted me merrily while gently placing the coffee on my desk. Then asked, "Is there anything else you need, Mr. Scott?"

"None so far. You may now go." I retorted back, still not giving a hint of a glimpse, and continued doing what I had to do since there was no time to lose.

After settling for hours, the sun already set. Its vibrant rays magnificently reflected through the large limpid windows of my office, creating a tranquil scene for me to look at as I comfortably positioned myself on my seat. Then, I heaved out an utter sigh as I stared blankly at my watch which was ticking continuously.

"Indeed, time flies by. However, I'm still not halfway through everything. But so far, I think it's better to call it a day! Perhaps, I'd love to have a warm and relaxing bath later once I get home." I thought so to myself. But then in my dismay, I suddenly remember that I have been invited to a dinner tonight.

"Great! Looks like my relaxation plan will be canceled." I muttered to myself, stating my distaste.

A few minutes later, I arrived at the said restaurant. Then once I stepped in, a man in his mid-twenties who stood near the door formally greeted me and kindly walked me to where my sister and her fiancé were sitting. As we walked along the aisle, I took a slight glance at the interior and the general features of the restaurant. Thus, it exhibits starkly modern features with fancy wall art, and dotted around were opulent tables with pristine table linen and elegant Lisse dining chairs. There's also a grand fountain that stretches from the ceiling to the floor sparkling like a frozen waterfall in the center of the hall which visibly stood out the place. Soon enough, my gaze diverted to my sister and her fiancé who sat hand in hand while smiling sweetly to each other as I approached them.

"William, I'm glad you could join us tonight!" Catherine greeted cheerfully.

"My pleasure." I simply retorted.

"Please, have a seat." She said.

Once I'm seated across from them, I heave out a sigh in utter silence while watching at the lovey–dovey in front of me as I spaced myself out for a moment. "If only I invited her, I'd be entertained as well." I thought to myself, but soon snapped out from drifting into my thoughts and then returned my gaze to Philip who was sitting beside Catherine.

"So, how you've been doing so far?" I asked out of the blue, trying to start a conversation.

"As far as I know, still kicking. What about you?" Philip said, chuckling to himself.

"Well, still a man overpowered with charms." I retorted back, chuckling with him.

"Sure! What can I say? You're quite renowned in women's eyes." Philip sarcastically stated back and then asked, "Anyway, how's the business going?"

"So far, it's going well. Still day to day, trying to beat the clock before it strikes at twelve. You know, time is money. So, is gold!" I said, pausing for a while then asked, "What about yours?"

"Very well! Just like the river, flowing in a gradual pace." Philip simply retorted.

Hence, as I was about to ask Philip another cue, suddenly Catherine chimed into the conversation and nonchalantly said, "So far, I had enough of that tonight. Besides, we're not here to discuss such stressful matters, aren't we?"

"Sure!" Philip and I said in unison while chuckling at each other.

"Anyway, what took you forever to be here ?" Catherine asked out of the blue.

"Just clouded with a ton of work," I said nonchalantly, not quite interested in the subject.

"Sounds interesting!" Catherine sarcastically stated then asked, "By the way, who's the young lady I met a few days ago?"

"Who?" I innocently asked back, though, I already knew whom she was referring to.

"Don't give me that kind of look Will, for we both knew who I'm referring to." Catherine simply remarked, while I seemly stared at her in utter confusion as I tried to digest what she likes to hear from me.

"She's your secretary, am I right Will?"

"Yes, you're right." I simply replied, hoping that she'd drop the matter.

"Cause' she seems to have the similarities of– " Catherine said, but soon stopped and changed the subject. "Anyway, regarding our wedding plan this year, Philip and I have decided to hold over and shift our wed next year since we're both busy as a bee." Then, she looked over at Philip and asked, "Right Philip?"

"She's right! Plus, finding such a good location isn't easy. Also, I want my fiancée to enjoy the years of her life as a young woman before she gets married to me." Philip stated, smirking at Catherine who was obviously irritated by his blunt remark towards her.

"Am I really that old to you, Philip?" Catherine asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I didn't say– " Philip was about to say something in return, but Catherine suddenly chimed in.

"Sure! You don't have to say it since it's quite obvious to me." Catherine remarked, giving a death glare to Philip who was laughing at her.

After merrily exchanging such conversations and devouring the sumptuous dishes being served to us, we finally decided to go home since it was quite late in the evening. Till then, we formally bid our goodbyes to each other and parted our ways afterward.

"It's a worthwhile night to remember," I mumbled to myself while driving alone under the moonlight and listening to a very familiar song.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

To my lovely, beautiful, wonderful, and awesome - amazing readers:

Here's another chapter for you to read and entertain yourselves throughout a stressful or relaxing day!

Apart from that, I sincerely like to apologize to all of you for being a sluggish writer. I know that I've been lacking a lot when it comes to updating my story, but I'd like to make it up to all of you.

Till then, Chapter 5 is on its way!

"Virtual hugs & kisses to each of you"

— D.A.L —