Chapter 1

Keith's POV

It was quite a cold and bright morning here in New York City. The chilly weather outside was slightly displeasing and uneventful. Sullen skies were slowly formed, leaving off the wind to brush through my skin. While I was still on my train of thought, I sat on one of the benches in the park whilst taking a sip of my coffee that I just bought before from a nearby café. Indeed, coffee helps me a lot, as its savory aroma keeps me arose from being dozy. Whilst sipping out my coffee, I took an overview around the place, observing the busy streets of New York City. There were a lot of people from the place but mostly, they were men and women who wore business suits as I do. Isn't that interesting? I tend to divert my attention to the trees whose leaves were falling swiftly from their branches till it wholly hit the ground. Thus, now I realize how everything goes really fast in a split second without even heeding it.

They said, "Life is unpredictable."

Sometimes, no matter how perfect your plan is, it turns out to be the other way around.

"But starting today I have to leave everything behind, cherish what remains, and look forward to what's coming next," I mumbled to myself.

Soon, I stand up from my seat and realize that I have some important things to comply with. Once I reached the building that I had worked for, I hastily went inside sans any hesitation. Suddenly, I was greeted at the main entrance by a middle-aged man named, Thomas Perkinson. All I could say is, that he has now a smoky gray color of hair, his eyes were glinting in a shade of brown, and he still had those perky sides of his on that day when I first met him in the company. Until now, he still works at Scott's Company for almost eleven years of his life.

"Good morning, Ms. Hudson!" He greeted, merrily.

"Good morning too, Mr. Perks! It's so nice to see you again." I said cheerfully, giving him a warmth pleasant smile.

"You too, Ms. Hudson. For how many days that I have departed you still didn't change, though, even a glimpse." He said, grinning from ear to ear as an overwhelming smile unveiled on his face.

"You too, Mr. Perks. You still have that sarcastic side of yours." I riposted, as a genuine smile escaped from my lips.

Latterly, a woman with a brunette color of hair approached me. "Forgive me for intruding, but Mr. Scott needs you in his office right now." She said, and I just utterly nodded.

"I'll be there in a minute," I said.

She nods back at me in complete understanding and then she walks away, leaving me and Mr. Perkinson on our own.

"It was really nice to talk with you today, and I hope we can do this some other time," I said, mouthing an apology to him.

"I'm looking forward to it too, Ms. Hud-" He said, but I cut him off.

"Keith," I said. "Please, just call me Keith," I repeated. "Thus, it's quite impolite of me if I let you say that again." I chuckled.

"Alright then, Ms. Hudson. Oh, Keith." He said in an unserious manner, laughing at the same time, but soon stopped. "I apologize, that's so frivolous of me." He said, as contrition formed on his face.

"It's okay," I mumbled. "I guess, I'll see you around then Mr. Perk's," I said my goodbye to him before I walked away, leaving him at ease.