Chapter 3

Keith's POV

Today, I found myself somewhat like an early bird with a splitting headache and an unbearable sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt like someone was dubbing my head with a sledgehammer whilst kicking my insides nonstop too. An awful feeling to get up early and to realize that I have some responsibilities to do. As soon as the word responsibility sunk into my head, I immediately looked at my phone to see how much time I had left.

"Darn!" I muttered under my breath, tossing the phone back onto my unkempt bed.

I hurriedly went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth from the foul scent of the alcohol from last night. Then I took a quick shower and did the usual basis as ordinary people do. Afterward, I went to the kitchen and hastily grabbed any tucker that I could find from my dinky fridge. Thus, it's quite a small flat with a teeny-weeny place to have such a huge fridge, don't you think? But now since I have a fixed job, maybe, I'll be able to afford to have one for myself next year with adequate leeway to live in. After some time of spacing out in my thoughts, suddenly, I remember that I've got some duties to do. I hurriedly went back to my room to take hold of my satchel and also, my car key. After I got everything that I needed, I hastily went out of the house and then into my car.

When I finally arrived at my office, I swiftly flopped down onto my chair and heaved a sigh of relief. I was about to begin my work, but all of a sudden, someone came to interrupt me. "Does she even know how to knock?" I thought to myself for a while as I realized that she must've been lost or something.

"Well, hi!" I said as I stood up from my seat while looking at her in utter confusion and asked, "Is there anything you need?"

"Uh, is Mr. Scott here?"

"Yes, he is." I simply retorted as I politely asked her back out of curiosity, "Do you have any appointment with him?"

At first, she hesitated to answer my question, but she did respond right away when I was about to ask her something else.

"Yes, I have." She coyly said while smiling sweetly at me.

"Anyway, his office is located on the right portion of the hall to the last." I simply stated while pleasantly returning the same expression that she gave me earlier; not attempting to be rude nor to be an ill-bred person.

"Thanks!" She slightly beamed before walking away and leaving me behind on my own.

By the time she left my office, I immediately went back to my seat and started doing my today's job. After hours of typesetting and neatly piling all of the documents that are needed for today's symposium, I expeditiously got up from my seat and briskly walked out of my workroom to head towards the chief executive's office. But when I finally reached the front of his office, for some odd reason, I found myself standing there for a while as I heaved out an utter sigh. Not so long after that, I cautiously knocked on the door twice before getting in; trying to acknowledge him about my presence.

"Come in." He said.

Once I obtained his permission for me to come in, I quickly shoved the huge framed door in front of me. But when I got inside, my eyes suddenly landed on the gorgeous lady whom I talked to before. She was currently sitting on a settee across from him whilst sipping her coffee, staring and examining me with her own intricate eyes, making me feel somewhat ill at ease. But out of the blue, Scott's voice snapped me out of my trance, making me jolt up a bit from where I was.