Chapter Seventeen: Indefinitely & The Story Of The 'Miscarriage'

Start from the beginning

I'm so sorry Thea for ignoring you, I thought silently.

"I saw the screen. I know it was Thea, man. Why didn't you answer it?" Lucas questioned, rapping along with Eminem on TV. Well trying to rap if you would even call that rapping. He sounded like a badly wounded animal.

"Forget it, okay?"

"Fine but we're always here if you know you wanna... Talk?" Cole said, scratching the back of his neck.

I chuckled, already calming down at the uneasy look on his face. "I know. It's cool."

Buzz.

Buzz.

"What's that buzzing sound?" Lucas wondered out loud.

"My phone." I said, taking my cell phone back out. I unlocked it and saw I had two new messages. One from Thea and one from Dad.

Lay Lay: Hey Cam, I know you're not exactly talking to me at the moment but please come home. We really need to talk.

-Your best friend (hopefully), Thea

Damn, she was questioning our friendship and it was all my fault. I seriously needed to fix this.

Dad: Hi son, I have to go down. You're mother took off again, they want me to help find her. I'll keep in contact. Don't burn the bloody house down and look after Nathan's daughter. I know he's away and you have been staying there so keep staying. Nice Job Cameron. I'm proud.

Fuck. Not again with mum.

I groaned.

"You okay?" Lucas asked, punching my arm, looking at with concern in his brown eyes.

"Loco! Si, I'm sweet. What was that punch for anyway?" I asked, rubbing the bruise that I knew would already be forming. Lucas had solid punches that was for sure.

"For almost punching Cole and okay if you say so."

-

"Are you going back to Thea's tonight or tomorrow?" Cole inquired after an hour and a half of no mention of Thea.

"I thought we dropped this topic? No, I'll go tomorrow. She'll be fine without me for one night."

Though I wasn't so sure. This would be the first night where she had to sleep in that house alone after what happened three weeks ago. I had been with her for every single day and night since the thing with Ryan happened. What if her nightmares came back? What if he came back for revenge? I wouldn't be there to protect her.

"Sport's boring tonight, just cricket and I hate cricket so yeah. Are you sure dude? You look like if someone said go then you would be outta here in a flash." Cole announced with a knowing smirk.

He's right, I would. I would do anything for Thea. My angel. I never wanted to see her hurt again and I hated that I was the one hurting her sometimes. I wish I could take her fear away. I wanted to be there for her.

"All things that give birth in hell." I stood up and began jogging towards the front door.

"What?" Cole asks confused by my random outburst and probably my words too.

"I'm going." I called to them over my shoulder. Just before I slammed the door shut I heard a very confused "Okay..."

Quite honestly, I didn't make sense to myself either so the world and I are even. I quickly drove away from Lucas' and towards Thea's house. When I walked through the front door, there were no lights on so I guessed that she had gone to bed.