Chapter 10

In a part of posh South Delhi, there resounded the chants of Devi Maiyya in a special puja organised for the deity.

A soft and melodious voice, ahead of the gathering, sung the chores of the prayers that filled everybody's ears with feelings of love and devotion.

The sweet looking lady, after the prayer was complete, opened her eyes to distribute prasad among the people gathered in her house for the prayers.

"Thank you betiya! Your voice is as melodious as a Nightingale. Jugh Jugh jiyo Anjali betiya!" An elderly lady said as the sweet looking lady, Anjali touched her feet to gain her blessings after giving her the prasad.

Anjali smiled at the lady genuinely and moved ahead with a limp in her feet to distribute the offerings of the deity to others.

Everyone gave her their blessings and heartily wished for her prosperous life and future filled with budding joys of life.

Until one lady asked her something out of the ordinary looking for a chance to win laurels and gain some brownie points, in front of Anjali, to make herself look better by providing her with some sort of advice.

"Anjali betiya, I think you should hold a similar puja for your step brother also so that he gets bail in time and gets out of the jail early." The lady said with enthusiasm.

Without missing a chance Anjali replied, "Babita Ji, every puja I do is for him and he is at the back of my mind always. You know Babita Ji, ever since he left I have been doing these fasts so that Devi Maiyaa grants him bail and he gets out but I think I will have to try harder."

On listening to Anjali, Babita had a soft-spot for her in her heart and she gave Anjali her blessings and went away.

Anjali smiled a little and told Hari Prakash to keep the extra prasad in the kitchen and left for her room.

*

"Anjali? Anjali? Anja-- There you are!" A man in his business suit asked for his wife.

"What do you want, Abhay? You always keep on coming after me!" Anjali replied to her husband.

"Have you seen the blue file which I asked you to keep safe in the locker yesterday? I can't find it anywhere!" Abhay said with worry.

"Arey baba, don't worry I was searching for some jewellery in the locker, so I kept the file on your study table, you can find it there!" Anjali went to the study table where a pile of files was kept and picked up the blue file Abhay was looking for.

"Thanks, Rani Sahiba! What would I do without you?" Abhay teased Anjali and asked for a kiss.

"Offo, app bhi na!" Anjali diverted her face to avoid the kiss and freed herself from his hold.

Abhay angry on her actions asked, "By the way, I won't be able to come early tomorrow for Karva Chauth. I have a meeting late at night."

"Okay! Never mind who is even interested in keeping the godforsaken fasts? Like I keep them anyway!" Anjali waved her hand and went away to water the plants in the garden.

Abhay angrily slammed the door and made his way to his office.

*

Arnav recited the whole story to Khushi from the beginning till the end leaving no stone unturned.

He even explained how he was a prey to the vicious games played by someone else.

Khushi was much involved in the story as Arnav played every aspect out in front of her and when he was finished, Khushi straightened herself and a frown appeared on her eyebrows.

"So you mean to say there was a third person present that night?"

"Not three but four!" Arnav asserted and Aman shifted in his seat about what was to come.

"And you know this third person?" Khushi asked uncomfortably.

"Yes, I know that person too well!" Arnav said firmly.

"Then who is it?" Khushi was almost about to bite her nails in nervousness.

Arnav gulped and a set of tears were about to wash his eyes when he said the culprit's name.

"Anjali Abhay Jha!"

*

The next day was Karva Chauth and Anjali put on her bangles while remembering the days of past.

They were still fresh as a new wound to the heart.

Her so-called father leaving her mother for another woman that left her and her mother on the streets.

As she wore her earring, she remembered how her mother had to fight tooth and nail for survival.

She had seen her mother not eat properly for days while she fed her fully.

As she placed the other earring in her ear, she remembered the day when she almost lost her life by unknowingly standing in front of a passing car as a kid and her mother saving her and getting seriously injured.

As she put sindoor in the partition of her hair, she remembered how brutally her mother was killed for no fault of hers by the gangsters of Delhi.

She was on the streets ready to be taken of use until her stepmother learned of her state and took her in.

Her stepmother indulged in making her happy but nothing made her smile and after a while, she passed away too due to cancer.

Arnav was the only hope in the house for her as he was very excited to get a sister, be it step or real sister.

But to her, her mother's word's ringed in her ears,

"Betiya, your father is a scum and so is his blood!"

Her mother had said those words when she had asked why her father left her and her mother had said those words to calm her down but those words had stuck to her.

They had stuck like glue to paper.

She got up from the seat she was sitting on and pulled out the blood shade of red of all the lipstick and put it on her lips and moved to a new day where she had to pretend to be a good sister.

She had only one mission on her mind and that was to take revenge on her father and his family and that was her only motive in life.

Since Anjali couldn't oust Abhinav Singh Raizada as he died a natural death.

So, Anjali Jha had only one motive- to destroy Arnav Singh Raizada and his family.

*

Here you go, after a long time I finally got vacations for 2 and half months and we are here to complete this story for all of you.

And Zayn is coming to India! Yippee! Who's going? I, sure am.

Love,

Saraa (xBadishx)

And

Shreya (Kiddo_Star)