Chapter 6

Khushi paced the length and breath of her kitchen as the milk boiled on the stove.

Why did Roy look so uneasy while discussing Arnav's case? Why was he sweating? He was playing with his paper weight as if trying to get distracted. Why was he checking his mobile phone every now and then? There has to be something that I am missing here. I need to talk to Arnav about this.

Khushi took a deep and determined breath to discuss this over with Arnav the very next day.

Khushi poured the milk in her white sunshine cup and added the coffee beans, stirring it well. Khushi took her cup and sat in her apartment's living room, still lost in thinking about Roy's behavior.

Who else could be of some help?

Khushi mused as she took out her notepad that contained a few details about the case and her essential talks with Arnav.

Khushi's eyes widened as she straightened herself.

Damn it! How could I forget Aman? Aman Mathur! Arnav's PA who is handling AR Designs for now.

Khushi looked at the wall clock as it struck quarter past six.

Khushi pulled out her iPhone from her pocket and dialed the AR Designs.

"Hello?"

"..."

"I am Khushi Kumari Gupta, a lawyer. I am fighting ASR's case that has just been reopened. Can I get an appointment to meet Mr. Aman Mathur?"

"..."

"Okay! Yes, please book an appointment under my name. Thank you so much!"

"..."

Khushi cut the call and opened her mobile's remainder.

"10:00 am - Aman Mathur" Khushi set the remainder and picked up her mug as she sipped her coffee.

Khushi relaxed in her seat and closed her eyes, her fingers pressing her forehead as it throbbed with unbearable pain.

What am I missing? There has to be a loophole. There has to be something hidden, covered from the light. But what?

Khushi groaned in frustration. She so wanted to talk to Arnav. But damn the laws. The meeting hours were over and Arnav was going to be shifted to the other jail. She felt like banging her head.

Why wasn't the other prisoner shifted? Why did it have to be Arnav?

Khushi asked herself as her conscience answered her own question.

'Coz he is the most violent there.

Khushi sighed deeply and prayed to the Almighty, "Please help Arnav control his anger. Pretty please!"

Khushi completed drinking her coffee and walked to her bedroom which was also a study room for her.

Khushi dragged herself till her bed and she took out a tablet for her headache and gulped it down. She pulled the comforter till her neck and switched off the lights, letting the sleep take over her.

Damn the dinner! She just needed to get rid of her headache to think calmly.

*

"Woah, look at the great Arnav Singh Raizada." Arnav looked at one of the prisoners' who mocked.

"Awww! Poor boy is getting shifted to the other jail. So sad, right? There, you won't be able to show your attitude." Shyam commented as he laughed at the handcuffed Arnav being lead by the officers.