Chapter 7

Khushi was surprised, would be an understatement. She had expected to walk up the stairs to the glass cabin that led to Arnav's cabin. Wasn't that MD's cabin? Shouldn't Aman be there? She clearly remember Arnav telling her that Aman was the MD as of now.

"Who handles AR for now, Arnav?" Khushi asked.

"Aman! My PA. He used to be. I had made him the MD when I was accused. I needed someone trustworthy to handle the business and I know Aman won't disappoint me." Arnav had replied with a confident smile.

Khushi's eyes scrunched in confusion. Why wasn't Aman in the cabin? Is there something wrong with the cabin? What must be the reason?

"Come in!" The authorative voice brought her out of her thoughts and she followed Megha inside.

"Sir, Khushi Kumari Gupta, ASR's lawyer, is here to meet you." Megha informed.

Khushi kept her eyes on Aman as she took in his every actions. He had been looking at the door to see who was there. She did not miss the spark in Aman's eyes when he heard about her arrival.

"Oh yes! Please, have a seat Ms. Gupta. What would you prefer? Tea, coffee or juice?" Aman stood up from his chair and greeted Khushi like the perfect gentleman.

Khushi would not deny that she was impressed with this guy. He did not give away those negative vibes, at least, unlike that Roy.

Khushi shook her head as she replied, "Water would be fine."

Aman nodded his head slightly and then turned to Megha as he ordered, "Megha, make sure no calls are transferred to my cabin. And I want no one and I mean it, no one to knock on the door. Absolutely no disturbance until I am done discussing with Ms. Gupta. Am I clear?"

Khushi was surprised at Aman's command. The softness in his voice stayed but the authority and the power were added, so it did not sound offending at all.

"Not to worry, sir. No disturbance until the discussion completes." Megha smiled.

"Good!" Aman dismissed Megha with a nod.

Aman walked back to his chair and settled himself there as he looked over at Khushi who sat opposite to him.

"Thanks for accepting this appointment in your busy schedule." Khushi said out of gratitude.

"You don't need to thank me for that, Ms. Gupta. I am always available for whatever help I might be of, in ASR's case." Aman said with a smile.

"Khushi."

"Sorry?"

"I prefer being called Khushi." Khushi said in a low voice.

"Oh!" That was all Aman could manage to say.

"Can I ask you something?" Khushi asked unsure.

"I guess that's what you are here for, Ms. Gu- sorry, Khushi." Aman smirked at Khushi while she smiled in embarrassment.

"Of course, I know, Mr. Mathur but this question might not be related to the case and I just did not want to offend you." Khushi replied with a smile.

"Sure, go on. And even I prefer being called Aman." Aman replied.

"Why is your cabin here? I remember Arnav telling me that he had made you the MD while he was accused. So, shouldn't you be upstairs, which I assume is the MD's cabin?" Khushi asked as she looked at Aman trying to gather in all the moments of Aman. Aman seemed surprised.

Just like Roy! Is it because I am calling Arnav, Arnav!?

Aman chuckled slightly as he said, "Quite observant, Khushi." He complimented and continued, "ASR had given me the power to take decisions for the company but that doesn't mean I am the MD. Yes, for official paper works, it does, but I don't think I'll be able to ever enter that cabin and sit on the MD's chair. It rightfully belongs to ASR and only ASR has the right to sit there. So, that cabin remains untouched until ASR is back."