Chapter 51: Hunting for Dale

Start from the beginning

Is this guy serious? Is he blind? What is wrong with him? This town is officially doomed with Taylor running it.

“Would you look at the time, he must be at the bowling alley waiting for me!” I gushed, looking at my fake watch.

“Well, see ya!” I darted for the room.

The truth was…today I was going hunting. No, not for foxes or dears.

Gasps, THE POOR THING, WHO HUNTS FOXES AND DEERS!?  I hope they fall over there riffle and accidently shoot themselves in the foot, or worse the head.

I pulled on my converse and pulled the lace to tight; I began hopping down the porch steps, loosening the lace and almost falling on my face.

My long black trench coat that fell mid fight and flared out reminding me of a dress, I had taken it from Aunt June’s closet. It was to help keep the cold out.

Okay, I admit it, I was not wearing it to keep away the cold, I was wearing it because I thought I looked like a kick ass ninja.

I pulled the belt tight around my middle and straightened my black hat, which had cute little tassels that hung on each side of my face. To finish the look off I had dark skinnies and my black converse.

Goal 1: to look like a ninja, goal accomplished.

Goal 2: to head downtown and scout out for a suspect named, Dale.

I had today all planned in my head, Dale would come to school and I would drag him somewhere private and go Jackie Chan his ass while shouting ‘noddle soup’ and accuse him of trying to kill us all. However, he hadn’t turned up, leaving me no choice but to go look for him.

I wanted answers and I wanted them now…that line sounds pretty cool, but I can’t exactly get them now, since I'm still standing next to my car trying to loosen these bloody laces that  I have tied to tight! Ah, there we go, that’s better.

Climbing into my Aston Martin that was parked at the bottom of the drive. At night, I would scan the perimeter with my binoculars looking for anyone that was going to try to touch my car.

The ride was silent except for the hum of the engine, helping to clear my thoughts.

Someone wanted one of us dead, it may be Dale, what am I saying, it must be the bitch!

In no time, I was walking into the cinema with a spring in my step. Bright, bold poster decorated the inside and out, my eyes ran over the Spiderman poster and I turned my back on it, do you know hard that was? I fricking love Spiderman…and superman!

 I looked around at the familiar surroundings of the theatre, when I last come here; it had been with Kyle and the rest of the gang. It had also ended in me being questioned by Dale about my relationship status with Kyle. He knows something, I know he does. Everywhere I go, he is mysteriously there telling me  to do the right thing. Somebody wants Kyle or me dead, and whoever it is, I have a suspicious feeling that Dale might be our guy.

But then what? What if I found out Dale is the one that has wanted to course harm to us from day one, what do I do then? It’s not like I can go to the police and say ‘Hey, this bitch is trying to kill us, throw him in a cell and never let him out.’ No way can I do that, I need proof and I need it fast.

Hold up, I froze in my tracks, Dales smart, more than smart he knows how to get around the police and he knows how to do things secretly. Like delivering a spiked bottle of water to my dressing room, he's  smart and he knows what he's  doing (unlike me, I have no clue what the hell I am doing).

Frowning, I realized I had stopped dead in the middle of the theater. Ignoring the funny looks, I was receiving from the boy behind the counter who was unfortunately, not Dale. Walking over to it. I  Leaned  against the counter and tried to keep my eyes away from the chocolate that was hanging on the wall. Man, I really wanted some right now.