09 || Curiosity Killed The Cat

Start from the beginning

Even if I didn't have a passion for this field, this book, to be honest, wasn't doing a very good job distracting me. Learning about Sigmund Freud's sexist theory of 'penis envy' wasn't interesting to me now that I was stuck behind bars. Nor will it ever be... but now less.

"Why are we in Blackgate and not at Arkham again?"

"'Cause it should be easier to get out of Blackgate on good conduct rather than Arkham," I replied, reading my book. Jolie glanced confusedly from her spot on the ground. She was mindlessly playing with her blonde hair.

The alter ego groaned. "But this is boring! I bet Arkham is so much more fun?"

My lips puckered, pondering. I raised an eyebrow. "You really think so?"

"Huh?" Jolie replied, looking up from her hair with perplexity.

I pointed at her. "Shush. I'm not talking to you." She stared at me, offended that I had told her to shut up. A shrug lifted her shoulders before she looked away from me. I rolled my eyes at the nosey woman.

"YES! You know what else would be fun?"

"What?"

"Killing someone to get to Arkham...", She replied, my eyes widened. She hummed, "But it has to be someone who has been annoying since day one."

"Annoying?" I scoffed humorously at the idea of just killing one person, If I had to kill the most annoying person, I'd end up burning Blackgate to the ground.

She chuckled amusedly, "Not a bad idea. But I mean someone who gets on your nerves."

Right now? I raised an eyebrow, thinking. Suddenly, it came to me. A wide, mischievous smirk stretched, and I turned to the blonde girl on the ground, "Hey, Jolie." My voice came out more in a sing-song tone.

Jolie looked up from her hair, letting her green eyes pierce mine, "What?"

"My wonderful friend -" I began feigning a kind tone, "Would you do me a favor?"

Her eyes narrowed at me, "Depends..."

"I need your dope dealer to smuggle in some things I need." I beamed.

The blonde shined her teeth with a smirk. "As long as you tell me what your plan is, and I want to be part of it."

"Jolie..." I chuckled, "Of course, you're part of the plan."

The smirk remained on her lips, believing this was truly good for her. Little did she know, curiosity killed the cat.

|  +  |

Another two days passed. I started to get impatient. Honestly, how hard was it to smuggle what I wanted?

Jolie and I sat on a cafeteria table, bored as hell. There was no ruckus; if there ever was, the reason was stupid. Like, who the hell gives a shit if someone's staring at you?

"Well, look what we have here, Lindy?" A voice stated from behind. I turned to face the 'top dogs' in the female section. Casey Alvarado and Linda Caddel. They were always teasing me because I was a rookie. Honestly, it was getting on my nerves already.