18 || I Know You

After the high, there was always a low.

That was something that persisted with her.

The sun was on the verge of setting. Everyone was in their rooms, indulging in their highs of murder. Meanwhile, she lay in bed, her eyes filled with tears. It was impossible not to think about what had happened - This plan nearly killed her brother, and she wouldn't have been able to do anything if it did. She would lose her mind if Edward were killed.

When the sky finally darkened, she guided herself to the living room. There, she found Theo and Jerome talking; they sat across each other on separate couches. A prideful smirk plastered on the ginger's face. She nearly rolled her eyes - Theo was probably praising Jerome's marvelous work. Again. It was becoming uncomfortable how much he prioritized J. Yes, he deserved the attention... but from Theo? No, thank you. It had started ever since the Russian Roulette fiasco. It had made her trust the millionaire even less.

As Galavan was about to talk more, his eyes connected with hers, "And talking about natural-born stars... Reese." He announced her, making the ginger look at his girlfriend. She was standing at the entrance, all dressed up, "It's nice to see you."

Reese gave him a toothy grin, displaying her almond-shaped dimples. Even if the smile wasn't for him, it made the ginger swoon, "Oh, likewise."

Theo smiled at her before glancing at the teenager across from him, "Jerome was just telling me about the chaos you two made at the GCPD."

Oh goodness, again?, She questioned and refrained from another eye roll before letting a chuckle escape, "Actually, I don't think chaos is the word for what we did."

Jerome grinned, "Slaughter." She giggled, sitting down on the armrest beside him.

"I was assuming you would be asleep." The wealthy man told her, then brought a cart with tea closer, "Tea?"

She shook her head, "No, thank you." Her eyes looked between Jerome and Theo, somewhat nervously, "I-I couldn't sleep... I actually wanted to ask for a favor." She could feel the tension rising and an immediate 'no' coming from Theo. Jerome gazed at her with intrigue, having no clue.

"A favor?" Theo repeated and conjoined his brows, "Explain."

She swallowed thickly, "I wanted to see someone."

"And who is this someone?"

"Her name is Amelia," She blurted, making the ginger frown and rethink all his conversations with Reese. He could barely recognize the name. "I had hoped she would be on the bus, too, but she wasn't."

"Are you planning to kill her?"

Reese smirked almost exaggeratedly, "See, I wanted to, but I just want to scare her a little bit." Her head cocked and portrayed a look of intellect, "If she tells the GCPD, it's technically a win. The media will talk and spread their bullshit fear, and we get people to talk about how we appear everywhere and how we don't let the city take a break. Just chaos after chaos after chaos."

The man narrowed his eyes, contemplating, "Yes, it does benefit you." He pondered before giving her an agreeing nod. "I'll let a guard know -"

"Please, not the guards. They're gonna make things too obvious." Reese feigned annoyance and mimicked them, "They're just really stiff and like... people will know."

"Reese, you know you can't."

"You don't trust me." Upon being confronted with a straightforward remark, the man seemed to look taken aback - Just what she needed, "Theo, you saved my life. I owe you my life. Without you, I'd still be at Arkham being tortured." She walked up to him and kneeled by his side, grabbing his hand with a little coquettish smile, "You gave me a second chance. I see you as my hero... and I couldn't be more grateful." Even if he tried to be discreet, it was feeding his ego. Jerome raised an eyebrow, watching his girlfriend give the older man adorable doe eyes. But all she was doing was adding to the innocent persuasion, "I promise, I won't screw this up."