The Side Only She Knew

Fair warning before you read this short story, this includes very sensitive themes such as self harm and suicide. I wanted to give you guys a small glimpse into one of my not so liked OCs and I used the song Lifeboat from the Heathers musical as inspiration for this story. Please, I beg of you, if you are having these kinds of thoughts, get some help. There is so much to live for, you just have to be willing to look for and find those things.
————

All heads turned towards the the girl every time she strutted down the halls. She was both loved and hated. Her smooth creamy skin with freckles across her cheeks and nose often drove people wild. The way she swayed her hips every time she took a step could slowly drive a person wild. Her long orange locks were always up and out of the way, either in a bun or a ponytail. She never took it down. No one ever knew why. She was actually a pretty mysterious person. If you said certain things around her or acted a certain way, she would immediately shut down. She could shoot off at the mouth or stalk off with an eye roll. No one could ever tell how she was feeling.

    Little did they know what she had to deal with.

    Her parents were never home. She practically raised herself in the large mansion.

    No one realized this, all they knew was that she was from a rich family and they praised her for it. No one saw the burden that came along with having a rich family.

    She didn't even feel like a person most of the time. More like a doll that for for other people's enjoyment.

    All of those sly sexual comments never slipped past her unnoticed. All of those cruel comments made by some people did not fall upon deaf ears. She heard all of it and each one created a deeper cut on her heart.

    Soon, her skin began to look the same way her heart did.

    "Welcome home Miss. Firefox," her butler greeted, but she didn't spare him a second glance as she walked through the door. She knew that he cared for her about as much as a person cared for a penny.

    She went straight up to her room and changed out of her cheerleading uniform while slowly pulling out the tie that kept her long red locks in place. The wavy red locks slowly tumbled down to her shoulders, giving a slight curl at the end. Letting out a sigh, she picked up a brush and began running it through her fiery locks.

    Golden eyes raked over the mirror and a low groan escaped glossed lips. Everytime she looked into the mirror she saw more things to hate. Her body, her personality, her past. Placing the red brush down, she buried her head into her hands, her shoulders beginning to shake. A sob tore through her throat as the pressure and stress finally began to weigh down on her.

    All she wanted was a person to love her, but at the same time, she didn't want anyone to get close to her. Often those that did ended up only wanting her for her money or for her looks. Her own parents only wanted her for bragging rights.

    The sound of a door opening caught her attention and she let out a sigh as she forced herself to stop crying. She cleaned herself up, put on a thick layer of makeup, hiding her freckles as well, knowing that her parents hated looking at them. She took in a deep breath and got changed into her most expensive looking clothes while braiding her hair and putting it into a bun. Once she decided that she looked presentable, she made her way downstairs where her stepparents were waiting to see her.

They were drinking fine wine from expensive looking glasses and were dressed rather elegantly. Her father, broad shouldered with slicked back dark purple hair and intense and cold charcoal black eyes, was in a large chair, facing the fireplace that was blazing to life. Her mother, slim and tall with curly (obviously dyed) light brown hair and light pink eyes, was sitting stiffly on the loveseat.