Chapter 13 *EDITED*

Last night after finally turning 15 and having had Eleanor text me, I drifted into a deep sleep filled with dreams of my birthday, my family and most embarrassingly, Nick.

I must be a freak to be thinking about him and to only have just met him.

***************************

I woke up to the sun shining into my eyes through a crack in my curtains.

"Stupid curtain, can't do anything right! It can just go die in a hole and shrivel up! One of these days I'm gonna kill it and put it in that hole!" I groan/mumble to myself closing it fully but even that didn't help reduce the sunlight too much.

I'm not that much of a morning person. I don't want to wake up but I'm already awake! Mornings suck! Looking over to my clock it said that it was 9 in the morning. Why so early? Getting up and groaning at the same time I put on some random clothes. Just an old sports shirt and some shorts. I also brushed my hair because I didn't feel like being too much of a slob today. I can only have so much of those days.

Walking out Mum and Dad were not in the living room but my sister was there and watching TV with our pet cat on her lap. "Hey, Shelly!" I exclaimed in that voice that everyone uses when they talk to a really cute animal. She's really cute, old but cute. "How are you? Yeah, I know how bad it is to be with that monster, Caitlin. You poor thing!" I said all this while petting her and Caitlin whacking me over the head with her hand. Violent much?

"Taylor!" Caitlin exclaimed quietly so as not to disturb Shelly who was falling asleep again. That's really all that she does because she's so old. We nearly didn't bring her because she's so old and would be dying soon. She's nearly 18 years old so she's really old and only has a few years left. Every time I think of it I nearly cry because she's been with me my whole life and I don't want to live without her.

"Is there anything for breakfast?" I asked going into the kitchen and trying to rid the thoughts of her dying from my head. "There's some pancakes in the fridge if you want them. I made them this morning, for your birthday and everything." Caitlin called out to me.

"Okay, thanks.'' I grabbed a plate and put 3 pancakes on it, before I grabbed some butter and honey to go on them. When I finished putting the honey and stuff on the pancakes I walked back into the living room to watch TV. We decided to watch Say Yes To The Dress and we had already gone through two episodes when I asked the question that had been on my mind for a while.

"Caitlin, where's Mum and Dad?"

"They went out to go look at the store and some other stores that are like theirs or something."

I was still thinking about my birthday and now I was wondering if I should ask Caitlin if she remembered. She might have something planned for me because she was a really organised person. I guess that it's worth a shot. "What's the date?" I decided to go with the discreet approach.

"Uh, it's the 20th." She said before adding quickly. "Oh, don't worry Taylor. We didn't forget, Mum and Dad just had to go and do some shopping and a little bit of work but we're going to give you your presents and everything tonight. We'll be going out for dinner."

"Okay, okay. Save your breath. I was just curious. " I laughed slightly and the hurt feeling that I had when I woke up and saw that Mum and Dad had left, disappeared.

~~~~~~~~Time skip to dance~~~~~~~~~~

Mum and I had just pulled into the Abby Lee Dance Company carpark. I could see some of the other girls coming in as well. I hopped out of the car, grabbed my dance bag from the back seat and skipped to where Paige and Brooke were getting out of their car. "Hey guys." I said with a big smile when I finally reached them.