Chapter 29

Taylor: I feel like you're saying all of this to seduce me, haha. Thanks for that and I'm sure that you'll be doing great as well. I've already done my solo and the trio. I think that I did really well and now all that's left is the group. I'm tired and bored so text me when I'm on the bus?

Was that too forward? Does that even sound like me? Why is it so hard to talk to him yet at the same time it's so easy? I hate boys.

"Girls let's go! We're going to run it one more time in the hall then we have to go." Abby yelled, raising her voice above the noise in the dressing room. The girls, Nick (not the Nick I was texting, the other one) and I all stood up and I quickly put my phone away so that no one could see it. No one but the mums and girls would be able to tell that it's Nick but I didn't want to risk anything with Abby.

The hallway thankfully wasn't crowded so we could successfully run through the dance. I think that we'll win with this. It's one of Abby's really good dances. She does have a lot of dances that are either duds or the same but this is that special one. One that I don't think I'll forget.

I mean that I'll still forget the choreography but I'll remember the dance.

If that makes any sense.

Walking towards the doors that lead to backstage, my heart started pounding. I'm pretty sure that it's not from just practicing. No doubt about it, this is one tricky dance. The lifts and partner work sure have made it hard. How are you supposed to act like you're in love with someone when you're not?

I'll just pretend that he's Luke Hemmings.

Or Niall Horan.

Or Kellin Quinn

Or some really hot fictional character from one of my favourite books.

You've all been there. Don't judge me.

I know you won't. I am you.

The dancers before us, on stage, were performing some kind of jazz routine. They weren't bad but I'd say that they were in the medium category. I like to think of dancers and dances in categories. Easy is you're either a wannabe dancer or your studio is just really bad. Medium is that you're good but you aren't great. It's either bad choreography or your dance studio isn't the best. Hard is you're really really good and will be considered huge competition. Then there's professional. I don't need to explain that.

I'd say that we're in the hard category or maybe sometimes medium-hard. Based on the dances that we've performed with me being here and with what I've seen them do before. This dance would be considered hard I think. With all of the lifts and having to portray the story.

Our group dance was called, echoing in the auditorium. The girls gracefully took their positions on stage with Nick. Then the music began, they started playing around and dancing. It looked like they were having fun and then it was my turn to step out on stage. I walked out a little and then performed my ariel.

'Not too shabby.' I thought.

Nick took his interest in me and then came the lift. It's always been a bit awkward with the lift but this time it wasn't too bad. Must be because 1) we know each other a lot more now, and 2) it was show time so we had to give it out all.

We danced around a lot more with me trying to look at him lovingly when I turned and then saw him dancing with Brooke. I tried to look jealous while the other girls all started to pull him away. Brooke and I started to chase after Nick and we both grabbed on to his arms while smiling lovingly at him and glaring each other.

We did some more alone time with Nick and then the dance ended with Nick walking off with Brooke leaving me heartbroken. I ran off on the other side of the stage, crying while the audience applauded.

Pushing my way through the throng of people backstage, I made my way out the door and towards the others. "We did so good!" Nia announced when we were alltogether. "That was great! I've got a good feeling about this!" Nick added smiling and giving Kendall a side hug.

All I had to put up with before finally being home was the awards and the bus ride. I don't like the bus.

---------
(A/N just pretend that only Brooke and Taylor are considered for this teen category. Some weird rules apply okay?)

"Moving on for solos in the teen category." The pretty lady that was announcing the awards said. "In 3rd place we have 'Love me now' act number 22."

The 3rd place winner came up and took her little plaque. "In 2nd place with just two points separating first and second, we have act number 34 'Have a little fun.'"

We all cheered and applauded Brooke as she went up to grab her prize. Oh how I hope that I get first. I really want to impress Abby and get a spot on this team. "Now in first place, we have 'Wherever you may be' act number 36."

I WON!!!!!!!! YES!

Standing up, I smiled proudly at the audience as I excepted the plaque and trophy. "What studio do you belong to?" The lady asked me pointing the microphone my way. "Abby Lee Dance Company."

"And who choreographed this routine?"

"Abby Lee Miller."

We sat back down and then it was moved on to the duos and trios. "In first place we have act number 56 'Come Along."
Maddie, Paige and I all stood up and repeated the same things that the lady had asked me before. Then it was on to the group and we came first as well.

This has been an exceptionally long day and I fell asleep on the bus while texting Nick and listening to Escape the Fate.

-------

Sorry that I didn't update last week. I went away for easter and didn't have anytime to update.

-Taylor