20

|E M E R S O N|

     So far, everything had been going smoothly. No blood shed yet. No crazy riots. No murderous shifters diving out of nowhere, trying to assassinate harmless kittens.

     Theseus has went through and started explaining in vivid detail all the crimes his treacherous father had committed, and Emerson would be lying if he said he didn't fell the slightest bit bad for the scrawny fur ball after learning what he had to deal with growing up. It made Emerson understand a bit more why Theseus was the way he was.

     Theseus had just finished with his speech, ending with a very final and firm note. "Caesar Castellan deserves so many godawful things. And through Mr. Braden Strauss and his court, he will get those things."

Emerson could tell just by the look on the members of Theseus's clan that they believed every word that fell from his lips. They were eating it up, they had always felt uneasy about Caesar being in control.

Now it was Emerson's turn. He stepped forth, making eye contact with every werecat he could.

     "Ladies and gentleman, strong warriors, you all came here today for one purpose. To save and take back your beloved future leader, Theseus Castellan. Now you've been bombarded with these tellings, saying that you're current leader is among the worst scum to roam this planet. Many of you may be shocked. Some of you may have had your suspicions.

    "Well, I, as leader of the Mighty Thunder pack guarantee you that what Theseus tells you is true. But not only do we bring you bad news, but good as well.

    "Cain, or Orion as you know him, is with child. My child." Emerson smiled, pausing as he let that sink in.

    Several people gasped and Cain rubbed his belly, casting a shy look upon the crowd. Almost all of their eyes were drawn to the motion, staring at his swollen stomach.

    "He is my mate. And you all know how important that is. In light of these events, I propose we created a treaty of alliance. Not only between your clan and my pack, but with Apollo's Cattle as well! This alliance would allow all of our people to grow and prosper. An alliance created by the gods!"

    Several jeers cane up from behind him and his smile grew. The clan looked nervous and cautious at first before they joined in on the cheering as well.

    In the midst of all the commotion, Caesar took this as a good time to escape. He tried to disappear into the crowd and make a run for it, but Blade was more clever than him. He had him twisted around and pinned to a tree in a matter of seconds, producing a pair of handcuffs and slapping them onto him.

    Applaud rang out across the clearing, not a glum face in sight. Well... Except for Caesar's.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

Emerson leaned back in his chair, setting the pen down. He hadn't stopped grinning since his speech, beaming all through the long and tedious paperwork of setting up the alliance. The legal work really was a bore, but it didn't bother him too much.

    "Looks like that wraps it up, boys. Nice doing business with ya," Emerson said cheerily, tipping his invisible hat to Theseus and Braden.