04

|T H E S E U S|

Theseus was not about to give up. He would resist and resist and resist, even if it came down to the monster he was now forced to call Master killing him. Anything was better than being helpless enough to submit to such scum.

    Theseus had to get back to Cain and that werewolf mutt of his. A plan to escape would be great. Actually, it'd be amazing. Theseus curled up against the tree more, thinking hard.

      While all these things were running through Theseus's head, in the very back of his mind he knew in the long shot it would do no use. Blade was a f*cking bounty hunter that literally hunted people down and killed them just to get a little pocket change. Well, probably a lot more than that, but still!
No amount of money should compare to a person's life, were or not.

     Even though Theseus was acting like he was a big and bad werecat who wouldn't take anybody's sh*t, in reality, he was terrified. He had been verbally and physically abused all his life, having no comfort, and when he finally escaped that to have a chance to be happy, he was snatched away again. He just wanted someone to love him, cherish him, and protect him. But it didn't seem like he was going to be getting his wish anytime soon.

Theseus was pulled out of his thoughts as Blade stood before, a hard look across his face. He handed Theseus a small pot of leftover beans, which proved difficult to hold since his hands were bound. Theseus looked back up, but Blade was gone, packing up their tent with such efficiency, Theseus had to wonder how much he traveled.

   As Theseus's mind wandered, he lifted the pot up to his lips, gulping down the contents. The beans were cold, they were pretty much flavorless, and there was only about two mouthfuls to eat. As soon as he finished, Theseus's stomach grumbles for more. Blade glanced at Theseus, but then turned back to packing up his makeshift tent. What an inconsiderate a$$hole... Theseus thought. Blade was starting to p*ss him off.

Theseus took a deep breath, resting the back of his head against the trunk of the tree he was tired too. If the tree was any smaller, he could have probably uprooted the tree and ran- but how far could he run when he had a monster in his heels that had wings? Although Theseus hated to admit it, Blade was the one who had the advantage here and to get away, Theseus needed a more rock solid plan.

    Theseus's head began to throb as he sat there, thinking as hard as he could. He didn't even realize Blade had finished cleaning up the camp and making it look like it had never even been there.

    As Blade stood in front of Theseus, who was still sitting and trying to make up an escape plan, Blade frowned. Theseus's mind was obviously somewhere else, and to Blade, that could be dangerous.

    "We are leaving, kit mici. Say la revedere." Blade said, finally drawing Theseus's attention to him.

    A hundred questions spurred in Theseus's head, but he kept his mouth shut. Better not to speak anyway. Slowly lifting himself onto his feet, Theseus whimpered. His bottom was sore from being spanked, making this task rather difficult.

     Huffing, Blade pulled him straight up, then tossed him over his shoulder. Not this again, Theseus thought. Blade adjusted his bag slightly and Theseus watched in amazement as his wings elongated from his back. They spread out to their full wingspan, and Theseus had to hold in a gasp. They were huge and magnificent!

   They were a light brown on the inner skin, and dark brown fur covered the back. Theseus could see the bones in them, and he suddenly realized that they were bat wings. Blade was in his half were form and he was a ginormous bat.

Theseus swallowed down a snicker that threatened to burble up and out of his throat. Of course Blade was a werebat! I mean, he was form Romania! A smirk found its way onto his face and he shook his head. It was kinda funny.

Theseus was grabbed form his thought abruptly as Blade lifted his wings and took off, the huge attachments flapping hard. Theseus's gasped and clung to Blade's back as they arose from the shelter of trees. Theseus's heart was beating so erratically that he thought that it would burst through his ribcage.

He was in awe as he realized how beautiful the woods below them were. Winter was still upon them, and the trees were all naked of their leaves and a thin layer of frost over them, giving them a beautiful look. Theseus couldn't help but grin. It was so pretty...

     It occurred to Theseus that it might be helpful to know where he was, but as he scanned all of their surroundings, he realized he had never been here. A pool of dread filled Theseus's stomach. They must have been a lot farther than he thought, which meant his clock was ticking much faster. And when the time in that clock was up? Theseus would bet that it meant it would be the end of him too.

   Despite a burning hatred towards him, Theseus buried his face into Blade's shoulder. He inhaled and exhaled deeply, taking in the sweet scent of the bulky werebat before drifting into terror filled dream.

$$HEY GUYS!! I'm so excited!! This book is placed #876 in paranormal and this is only the 4th chapter!! WHATTTTTT?! So pumped! Since I love you guys, I'm going to try and update AGAIN tomorrow! Love you guys!!$$