Chapter 12

Rick looks at the officer with a glare. 

"Get your boys moving" Rick tells him in a commanding tone. 

The officer stares at him for a moment before turning around and motioning for his team to continue walking. In an instant,  all of them get into combat mode again, keeping a high stance and walking down the streets. 

Ryland trails behind Rick, who has his gun splayed in his hands. She looks around, nervous that another creature is going to jump out of the shadows and attack her. 

She walks faster until she is almost besides Rick, and burrows her hands in her pockets. 

"Waller, we're moving on the objective" She hears Rick say into the comm. 

"We lost contact with Bravo. You got a visual?" he asks again. He turns slightly to make sure that Ryland is alright, and when he sees her behind him her turns back to face forward .

They walk until they are facing a main street, shops lining the sides. But still, it is desert, no sign of a living creature. 

Ryland shrieks at the sound of glass breaking, her hands rising into her mouth to hold the scream back. 

She turns around, her shoulders rising in surprise, but she lets out a sigh of relief when she realises it's only Harley. 

Her hands drop besides her and she lets out a breath. 

"Seriously?" Rick exclaims as he watches Harley with his gun raised, aiming at her. 

He shakes his head in a scowl. 

"What the hell is wrong with you people" 

Harley turns to look at him, her stolen bag swung over her shoulder. She rolls her eyes. 

"We're bad guys. It's what we do" She tells him before continuing walking. 

Ryland continues walking as well. 

Rick lets out a breath before he steps up to pace with Deashot. 

Ryland walks behind them, listening to their conversation. 

"Hey. Deadshot. I've been thinking. If we don't come together, no one is getting out of here alive" He says in a serious tone. 

They walk silently for a moment, Deadshot thinking about what he just said, and Rick waiting for an answer. 

Then Deadshot turns to look at Rick. 

"And?" 

"This people respect you. You got influence" Rick responds, motioning to the team -or the crooked side of it. 

Deadshot nods at his words 

"Alright. What's your play right now?" He asks, interested in knowing what Rick is planning. 

"You're a man of your word right?" Rick retaliates as quick as Deadshot asks the question. 

Deadshot laughs and turns to look at the shops around him. Then he looks at Rick, expecting him to answer. 

"I want my mission" Rick says simply. "You want your life and your kid back. You help me keep this martir operator in line. I'll hook you up"

Deadshot keeps on walking, and Ryland listens from a distance. 

"Waller is the puppet master. You ain't got shit to hook me up with" He says simply to Rick. 

"I got plenty of my own strings to pull. You just get me and Ryland to the top of that target building and get that rescue team on that extraction Helo" He says, looking at the building in the distance, which has a hue of yellow around it.