Chapter 11

Rick walks in front of the whole team, Ryland trailing behind him. 

The rest of Taskforce X are still wondering what Ryland's act was all about, and only one person has the craziness to confront her about it. 

Harley skips towards Ryland, her bat swung over her shoulder. 

"What was that? You're little act?" Harley asks her, moving her finger in a circle, pointing at Ryland and looking at her with a crazy smile. 

Ryland shrugs and looks forward, her hands deep in her pockets. 

"It was nothing. Just, had a moment" She says in a low tone. 

Harley laughs, tilting her head back. 

"Well, if that was just a moment, then you're just as crazy as we are!" She exclaims before stepping back to talk to Deadshot. 

Ryland puts her hands in her pockets, and turns to look at them, wondering if what she had said was true. 

Both Harley and Deadshot are whispering about something, both looking at her and at Rick's back. 

Ryland looks at them for a moment, and then decides to  walk up to Rick. 

"Hey" She says softly. Rick turns to look at her and offers her a warm smile. 

"Hey. What's going on?" He asks. He looks back at the 'freaks' and then at her, his expression darkening. 

"They bothering you or something? If they are just tell me and i'll blow their heads off" He tells her in a serious tone. 

Ryland chuckles and looks at the floor for a moment, shaking her head.  

"No need for that" She says, a playful tone in her voice. 

She smiles up at him. 

"You know I love you, right?" She tells him quietly. 

Rick looks at her and nods. "And I love you" He whispers. 

A strong sound comes from behind them, and they both turn to look behind. 

Ryland chuckles when she sees that Boomerang is at the ground, KC besides him, growling.

they face the front of the alley again,  and are motioned to stop, and other guards look over the corners, ready to strike at enemy forces. 

They all duck behind a destroyed truck, and while the soldiers move quickly, Ryland can only wonder how, and why would the Keeper, and Enchantress want to do such things. 

Someone pushes her gently, and she snaps out of her thoughts, looking behind her. 

Rick stands there, looking into the hole of the car. 

"Boss, we have people down here" A soldier tells him over the comms. 

Rick looks ahead of him, then grabs his radio. 

"I'm on my way" He starts walking, but turns back to Ryland. 

"Stay with Katana. Okay?" He tells her. Ryland nods, and then Rick starts walking towards the other soldiers. 

She watches as Rick, holding his gun out in a defensive position, runs closer to where the people are. 

Rick looks at the moving figures for a moment before pressing his comm. 

"Amanda, we have hostiles up ahead" He tells her. 

"Flag, get out of there. We're not here to fight them. We know that doesn't work" She responds quickly.