Chapter 2: Meeting my mate?

I watch out the window as the countryside passes beside me, the sun shining brightly but in my heart I feel a storm. Soon I will meet the man who I will be forced to take as my mate.

Soon we pull up to a large house and a man is waiting on the porch. He and my father shake hands and exchange pleasantries as we walk into the house. The house is warm and inviting but it's just not the same. A woman and a young man are sitting on the couch before turning to greet me, the young man scrambling to his feet. My guess is that he is Bentley, he doesn't look any more excited about this than I am.

The atmosphere is filled with silent awkwardness before he finally says something. "You look... Lovely."

Bentley's voice sounds insincere and tinged with disappointment, not that I blame him. He holds his hand out to me and I am about to take it when I hear the roar of a motorcycle pulling up outside, drawing my attention.

The door swings open and a handsome guy with a leather jacket walks in. Our eyes meet for a brief second and I feel my heart beat fast as an overwhelming feeling takes over me and the corner of his mouth curves up in a smile as if he knows what I'm feeling. He walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist, bringing my face closer to his till our noses are practically touching causing my heart to skip a beat and my cheeks to blush and I have to look away before I lose myself in his blue gaze. I look to see my parents' mouths are agape at the way he is holding me so close to him.

"Hunter let go of her, she isn't one of your girls, she is your brother's mate." Kira speaks up. So his name is Hunter?

"Why should I let go of MY mate?" His voice comes out low and husky next to my ear.

His words swirl around my head. Mate? Is that what I'm feeling? Is that the bond? I can't believe it, I found him. I look over to my parents once again and they look furious.

"This is not what we had planned!" My father snaps at Jason and my father looks ready to kill someone as his face turns red with anger. Why can't they be happy for me, happy that I found my missing half, that I found my mate?

"What is the problem? I've just found my mate, you should be happy for me."

"He is not suitable for you. He will never truly love you and will only make your life lonely and miserable." My father spits poison. "He is a dishonest, disloyal, womanizing-"

"You better hold your tongue." Jason orders and his voice is enough to send an unpleasant chill down my spine. Apparently it did the same to my father because he stopped mid-sentence.

"You know Hunter will never be loyal to my daughter. My daughter is coming home with me. Our deal is off." My father's voice comes out as a low snarl.

"Dad, just go. I found my mate, the treaty will still work." I'm sure he isn't as bad as my father thinks. I hug my parents goodbye.

"Our door is always open." My mother kisses my forehead.

"Roxanne-"

"Roxie." I interrupt.

"Roxie, it's not too late. You can reject the bond." My father pleads but I shake my head.

After my parents reluctantly leave I am brought to a room. All the furniture was white and silver. It's so bland compared to my room back at the Crystal pack.

"This will be your room, you are free to do with it what you want." Hunter says bluntly and void of any emotion before walking away.

"Hey wait, aren't you going to stay with me?" I call out and he turns to face me, his eyebrow raised. "Back in my pack, once we find our mates we lock ourselves in a room together."

"Getting antsy are we?" He smirks. "Things are different in this pack. Now get settled in, dinner will be done soon."

With that he leaves and I wander around my new room. My bags are all sat neatly on the bed. Opening the first bag, I pull out a picture of my brother and I and set it up on my nightstand next to a few of my books that I brought with me. Deep down I'm already homesick. After I finish unpacking I freshen up and head down to dinner. At the table are Bentley, his parents and a girl with really long black hair. However notably, my mate was absent. I wonder where he is?

I sit down at the table silently when the black haired girl turns to me. "You must be Hunter's mate? I'm Lilac, his younger sister." She extends her hand out to me and I take it.

"Yes I am, my name is Roxie. Um, you wouldn't happen to know where Hunter is do you?" I ask and she seems kind of reluctant to tell me. After dinner I decide to explore the house. Walking through the empty halls I make note of all the places. This house is huge compare to my pack's. I round the corner and quickly scramble back, hoping, no praying that I wasn't seen. Peeking around the corner my heart sinks. Hunter is down the hall kissing another girl. Who the hell is she? Has he forgotten that he has a mate now? Soon I am unable to take it and my anger boils over inside me as I rush over to confront them.

"What the hell is this?! Who the fuck is this whore?!" I spit my venom.

"Who are you to call me a whore?" The redhead steps towards me in a threatening manner.

"I'm his mate!" I growl at her.

"Well obviously you're not good enough for him if he has to come crawling to me." She smirks.

"You fucking bitch!" I lunge at her, ready to claw her eyes out, but Hunter grabs me and holds me back as I take a swipe at her. Then what he says brakes me and my wolf.