⌈3⌋

CHAPTER THREE
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

words: 1579

A COUPLE OF WEEKS PASSED, the time going faster than a cheetah

A COUPLE OF WEEKS PASSED, the time going faster than a cheetah. Taehyung wandered aimlessly around the large island, through the dark green trees; around thorny bushes; through the small meadows; basically everywhere on the island. He knew the whole island off the back of his head, just not the bits he was told not to go. He stood by one of the restricted areas, wondering whether or not to go in. Risk it, but probably not for a biscuit. His common sense told him to not go there.
But his curiosity was more than his common sense.

And you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat.

On the island was a small hill, it was the largest on the island though - that's how they knew what one not to go one. On the top was a small office; one that Yoongi said was very private for him and his work. And no one questioned it.
The hill was surrounded by large rocks, that Taehyung decided to climb up. There he sat for a good hour, staring at the beach around a mile from there. Watching the sun as it sparkled down onto the crystal waters of the sea. The thick smell of seasalt piled up into his small nostrils, the relaxing sounds of the breeze and waters calmed him.

After that hour, he decided to explore even more. He jumped down off the hard rock onto the soft soil of the ground. He ran up the hill, looking around to check no one could see him. When he reached the top of the hill, he looked inside the small window to the office. It seemed to have a curtain blocking his view

He checked the door, it was locked. How was he to get inside of the office. The window wasn't openable by the look of it.

In the corner of his eye he saw a thing sparkle half way down the hill, a key. He decided to run to get the key before he got caught, or at least get the key and go home.

As he ran down the hill, a large invisible dragon came out of nowhere and bit off his legs... in Taehyung's imagination. What actually happened was he tripped over a little rock, rolling down the hill. His skirt rolled up and the small rocks on the hill scraped down his legs causing small grazes and cuts. Tears threatened to run down his face. They were so close to coming out, but Taehyung's need to know what was in that little office took over. His mind was no longer childish, although it was still very childish. It was more... mature?

He jumped back up and ran, more like limped, up the hill. When he reached the key he picked it up, only to see there were at leat nineteen different types of keys. One of them had to fit.
He ran to the door and placed the first key into the door, didn't fit. The next ten didn't fit. None of them fitted, until he thought of someting.

He was putting them in upside down.

He didn't want to go through every single key again. No, that's stupid. He decided to look closely at the doorknob. It was a dark, musky brown - like a corroded iron even though it was definately not iron. He looked through the keys for a dark, musky brown key.
He found two. One of them definately did not fit, it was the wrong shape to put in the door.