He looked at me for a moment, his blue eyes shimmering with too many emotions, just like mine. He was hurting too, but I was too far gone to be understanding, now.

"Alyssa," Terrence wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, "I promise you'll be back at your rightful place - with me and the twins - soon." He kissed my forehead.

"How soon, Terrence? Fifty years later?" I cried.

"You don't believe that, Alyssa. I love you." He frowned at me but held me just as tight.

"Guess it's finally time to test if it's true or not, isn't it?" I wryly chuckled.

And then, I suddenly felt horrible.

How the fuck could I say that to him? I had seen and felt his devotion, his love, and right at the moment when all of it was being tested, I was being a bitch.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" I blurted out, and cried some more, "I'm so sorry, Terrence. God, I know how much you do love me. I didn't mean any of that —"

"I know," he hushed me and kissed my mouth softly, "I know you're just angry. I love you. I know you."

"I love you, too - so much Terrence, so much."

************

I managed to get through the night without having any kind of stupid thoughts that could fuck up my mind more than it already was. Even though I was trying to look forward to something positive in the morning, I couldn't sleep a wink at night. It was almost impossible. My brain was so hyperactive with possibilities and explanations that it refused to calm down.

As amazing as it was that Terrence shared his father's devotion towards the one he loved, it was honestly being a pain in the ass. I knew that if ever anyone - especially someone we've never heard about - told Terrence that I wasn't what he believed me to be, he would refuse to believe that person.

Same was the case with his father. All of a sudden, we couldn't expect him to understand that the wife he loved so much was completely opposite to the kind and caring woman he believed her to be.

But, he at least could have let me stay near the kids. As much as I trusted Terrence, I was still anxious about letting Larissa near Raine and Ryan. I could be overreacting, yes, but my babies were barely a year old. They were innocent and wouldn't even understand if something was wrong - nor would they be able to tell about it to their Dodo.

That's why, I had my fingers crossed, hoping that maybe Larissa changed for good and would at least stay amiable towards them.

"Enough of moping around, Liz." Allie sighed the moment the entered the room and found me lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "It's the first time I'm seeing you look so horrible, and honestly, you're scaring me. You are strong, honey. These things are not supposed to scare you. I know I said some shitty stuff yesterday, but looking at how miserable your boyfriend was, I can at least ask you to hope everything turns out to be better."

"I'm not moping, Allie." I sat up, "I'm just thinking."

Looking at her outfit, I frowned a little. She was dressed and looked like she was about to go out and —

My eyes widened in realisation.

"You don't need to worry, Dree. I'll be fine alone here. I'll probably take a walk outside or something, too. You can go and meet your boyfriend and stay there as long as you want to."