Twenty-Five: "I Need You. . ."

Start from the beginning

Rey shifted herself away from the wall. She strode over to the middle of the elevator, pushing herself to stand on her own. She leaned forward, one hand pressed against the wall, too weak but too determined to give up.

Ben stepped forward, rethinking his choice, unable to bear watching her like this any long. But Rey lifted a hand, dismissive. Stubborn as usual.

"So what next?" Finn asked, watching Rey fill up the empty space in the elevator.

Rey stared directly at the doors, addressing them as she answered, "We get outta here."

Ben forced himself to swallow his pride, dropping his hand back to his side and looked over to the elevator doors, catching the small Stormtrooper girl staring at him with narrow eyes. He felt a strange vibe coming from her and he looked away first, shrugging it off. Ben ignited the lightsaber the moment the elevator stopped, glancing back at her to see that she's taken a position with her blaster in hand.

The doors slid open and while Rey was in mid-step from walking out of the elevator, her and Finn were seen by too many Stormtroopers guarding the hangar bay. There were too many to count, but it didn't take long for them to see the four inside the elevator before the Stormtroopers started firing.

Ben didn't hesitate to reach over to Rey, grabbing her arm and gently pulling her beside him against the wall and he took her place. Finn and Rose started firing back once more, Ben deflecting most of the the blasts coming towards them.

Rey felt useless, watching her friends fight while she was stuck hiding in the corner with this ridiculous injury. She felt like a liability, knowing the three of her friends couldn't take on all of the guards. Besides, if they remained there, they'll just go back up where they were and they'll be trapped and die.

"Some rescue," Ben mocked, receiving glares in return.

Rey rolled her eyes, even more motivated to not listen to what's going on in her mind right now. She extended her left hand out, and marched past the others, getting herself off the elevator.

"Rey!" She heard Ben call out to her.

"Rey, what are you doing?" Finn yelled, using all of his strength not to go after her.

Rey chose to ignore them, knowing she didn't have an much of an answer to explain this impulse.

Rey observed the hangar bay, seeing some of the Stormtroopers guarding the Millennium Falcom, especially the walkway. Even at the position she was in, exposed to all the Stormtroopers, she only concentrated on the ones standing post around the ship. Rey pushed her hand out and directed her hand to the left. With an enormous amount of energy, she used the Force to pull all the guards away from the ship, knocking down other Stormtroopers in the way.

She glanced behind her shoulder at the others, yelling at them to "Run!"

Ben shook his head, confused whether he should feel disappointed or proud. He decided that both are equally accountable and quickly ran out of the elevator directly for Rey before throwing the lightsaber to the side, the cross-guard swinging around on its own, slicing multiple Stormtroopers before he managed to catch it.

He wrapped an arm around a wavering Rey who instantly leaned on him for support. Her knees bent on their own and her legs folded as the rest of her energy was used up on the Stromtroopers and it left her weaker than before.

Ben knew this, saving his comments about her reckless decisions for later because more Stormtroopers were approaching—firing at them. Ben raised the lightsaber, deflecting as many as he could, but with Rey unable to move on her own, he couldn't continue to the ship.