Chapter 21: To Protect Your Close Friend

Start from the beginning

Realization struck me immediately, 'Oh god. Don't tell me it's EM-'

"It's two-thirty by the way." I turn around and hide my face.

"Phew! Thank goodness! I still have some time!" She turn around, her body is shaking, "Thank you so much! You've been a huge help!"

I quickly walk back around a corner and waited for the blonde woman to pass.

"Subject has taken the bait." I heard her say, "Proceed with the operation."

That confirms my suspicion. As she pass by the corner, I tap her shoulder.

"Hm?" She turn to look at me.

Quickly I grasp my hand around her neck and pin her to the wall.

"Gah!" The breath was almost knocked out of her.

"I'm only going to say this once." My eyes glow as multiple blue, aura swords hover behind my back. The tips pointing straight at her, "So choose your words wisely. What, operation."

She looked at me in fear, "L-Like, I'm gonna tell you-" A sword plunge right beside her head and through the brick wall.

"I'm running out of patience. Tell me."

"Okay! Okay!" She glared at me, "In a few seconds, some of us will kidnapped your friend."

"For what? For what reason-" A van zoom passed me. Like ten miles per hour above the speed limit.

"Clock is ticking." She smirk.

I had enough of her. I dispel the aura blades and punch her straight in the nose. Breaking it and knocking her out. I turn the corner and sprinted towards the scene.

The van already crashed and I see Sera looking at three figures. One of them was pulling her a bit rough. I also see a yellow portal coming out behind her and a man slowly rise from the ground. I see him holding up a blue syringe.

"SERA! BEHIND YOU!" I cried out in panic.

Sera quickly look and saw the man going for her neck. Her eyes glow and she immediately dispatch the four with ease.

I ran up to her, "You good?"

"Yeah. Thanks." She smile at me.

"Plan failed... Head to Plan B." I turn to see the same man on the ground with the broken syringe in his hand. Blue substance leaking out of it.

I march towards the person with a glare in my eyes.

"Aoi!" Sera called out. Too late. I felt a sharp pain on my right side.

"Gah!" I cried out and look at my attacker. Her hands was still on the knife. I quickly grabbed it, trapping her and palm strike with my left hand.

She staggered backward. Managing to let go of it and glared. Her right hand moving to her right ear, "Is the Gray Rogue in position?"

I took extreme notice.

"Roger. Take the shot." She didn't face me but her face was directing to-

I gasp and turn my head, "SERA!"

She was focus on interrogating, she didn't see a flying needle coming to her neck.

"Agh!" I hear Sera cried out. I see the same blue substance enter her veins.

"Damn it!" I tried to run to her.

"No you don't!" The same woman put herself between me and Sera. She turn her head to the fallen man who was struggling to get up, "Get the Rogue here. I'll slow him down."