20. A Leap Of Faith

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Thank you," he spoke before he appeared at in front of me, his sunglasses were off, and it was then I could see the bags under his eyes. His once clear blue eyes, clouded and bloodshot. He's grown his hair out too. I ran a hand through his hair taming it with one movement.

"Yer hairs getting wild again," I whispered to him before leaning back closing my eyes taking a few calming breathes.

"Gracie, I need you to keep your eyes open, I need to stay with me," He spoke up as he touched my knee squeezing it softly.

"Elvis.... I resting my eyes, I'm not dying or about to pass out...okay?" I opened my eyes to look at him. I saw him tearing up and he leaning in to were he fell on his knees and wrapped his arms round my waist and buried his face into my stomach. 

That's where it happened, he finally broke down. His shoulder shook harshly, that was when i realized that he has finally snapped out of it. Quicker than I thought it would have taken him, but finally.

"I'm miss her so much Gracie," he sobbed, burying his face further into my stomach. I felt my lip tremble once more as tears filled my eyes.

"Oh Elvis," I rubbed the back of his head with my fingers, "I know, I do too."

"Why did she leave so soon?" 

"She always said god was going to call her when it was her time, and I guess he just decided it was time. She's up there with Scooter though...and my mama so she's not alone, she's not in pain and she's always with us no matter what. She's watching over us right now, but Elvis you must know just because she's not physically here with you-" I was cut off by the ringing of the doorbell. I looked up at Vernon as a silent question to ge tthe door, his eyes were just as watery as mine but he nodded. 

"Baby, I need you, just as much you need me, now more than ever. I can't loose you Elvis....I can't loose you," I sniffled wiping my tears with my free hand, "If I loose you, I'll loose myself. You are everything to me."

He looked up at me finally and I couldn't help, but automatically wipe the tears from his face. 

"Mrs. Presley, I heard you almost fainted before?" The doctor spoke up as he entered the area we are.

"Yes, Doctor Shep," I admitted as I glanced at him before pressing a kiss to Elvis's lips softly. Just a quick peck so as not to make the doctor uncomfortable.

"We did discuss the fact that you shouldn't be stressing yourself too much for the safety of the child right Mrs. Presley?" he huffed as he opened his medical bag next to us.

"Several times doctor," I widened my eyes slightly at Elvis, I saw him slightly smile just a small amount. 

"Then you'll now understand the fact that your going to have to avoid undergoing stressful situations such as martial fights, taking care of bills, and lifting a box more than fifteen pounds, you've only recently undergone kidney surgery and now that your pregnant we don't want anymore complications for this complicated pregnancy do we Mrs. Presley."

"No doctor," I huffed out as he listened to my heart beat and to make sure I was fine. I felt like he was scolding me, like I was five year old child. Boo him. Boo him I say. 

"Well, there could be multiple reasons why you were faint, but I have a feeling I know what it would be, the last time you ate, which was when Mrs. Presley?"

I looked at the doctor then and made a face, "I can tell you all the times I've eaten, it's the matter of keeping the food down after I've eaten it. They call it morning sickness, but it hits me all hours of the day."

"Have you tried fruits? Sometimes working your way up to meats or thicker calories could be a couple months into the pregnancy, but you'll need to stay in the nutritional diet. So I suggest staying away from the things you've tried to eat already."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay thank you Doctor Shep. You may leave now."

He huffed once more before leaving in a hurry with his medical bag. I looked at Elvis, "You were a bit harsh?"

"Harsh? If you knew the look that man gave me and the way he treated me when I first walked into the office and requested a test you'd be just as cold as I am right now towards the man....actually you would've done worse."

He raised his brow at me questioningly, "I don't want to talk about the doctor anymore...I'm tired."

"Yer not sleepin' till you ate somethin' first," he whispered hoarsely rubbing his face before standing and holding his hand out to me. I smiled softly and took his hand as he pulled me up into him. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. 

"I know I've said it so many time already but I'm done drinking I wasn't taking the pills, but I'll get rid of the alcohol....especially for the baby."

"Just the baby?" I whispered looking up at him with a raised eyebrow. He leaned forward with arms still wrapped around me which made me bend slightly back.

"The baby is still apart you Mrs. Presley....I believe it's also for you too."

"I didn't mean it that way Elvis... I want you to do what right for you before you do whats right for anyone else," I whispered as I ran my fingers over his cheek, "I need you to stay alive and in order for you to do whats right to stay alive and keep yourself healthy it's to not crawl inside a whiskey bottle."

"Okay....I'll do right by me which will help me to do right by you? For you? I love you....?" He asked coming out confused and slightly out of it in the end, I giggled.

"Lets grab something to eat and then we'll go to bed yeah?"

"Alright Darlin'," he mumbled as he pulled me towards the kitchen. I couldn't help but have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that there was still another bump in the road ahead of us.