Chapter 7: As You Walk Away I Count The Steps That You Take.

Start from the beginning

“Well you know him better than I do,” she replied. I smiled a bit.

“True,” I responded. I heard Liam’s morning voice calling me from the other side of the door. “I’ve gotta go, Ma. I’ll see you in a couple days,” I parted quickly.

“Bye, honey! Love you lots, good luck breaking the news!” I smiled sadly at her sweet words, hanging up as there was a knock on the door. I swung it open and smiled brightly at Liam, who was standing there with a confused, yet concerned look on his face.

“Was that your mum?” he asked sleepily, fluffing his hair a bit.

“Yep, she was just missing me a little bit, called to check up,” I lied cheerily. The real news could wait; it wasn’t exactly a topic to discuss at five in the morning. “I’m sorry for waking you, go back to bed, love,” I apologized, guiding him back to the bed. He obliged, plopping back down onto the sheets and opening up his arms. I smiled and fell into them, snuggling up to his chest. I smiled as I felt him kiss the top of my head.

“Well, since neither of us our falling back asleep, what do you want to do?” Liam asked. I smiled slightly, knowing neither of us were very good at falling back asleep after being woken up. I sighed slightly. There’s no time like the present, I decided.

“Well, there was a reason my mom called,” I began. Liam turned to face me, his big brown eyes suddenly filled with concern at the tone in my voice. I grinned sadly again before continuing. “My, my father got in touch with her.” His puppy dog eye widened, as he was very aware that I had no idea who my father was. “He wants to meet me,” I concluded.

“Well that’s great!” he encouraged. I was touched that he was happy for me, and I knew that I should’ve been happy too, but I was just really nervous.

“I’m kind of scared,” I admitted quietly. He wrapped his arm around me tightly, comforting me slightly. “I mean what if I don’t like him?” I fretted. “Or worse, what if he doesn’t like me?” His soft lips met my cheek and I smiled slightly.

“I’m sure you’ll love each other,” he assured me. I smiled, because no matter what I knew Liam could always make me feel better.

“Well I leave early Saturday and I believe I get back early Monday,” I explain. He nodded, ingesting the information. “I don’t want to tell anybody though; I don’t want to explain that I’ve never met him before.” Liam held me tight and agreed.

“I understand,” he replied. I smiled, though butterflies were rousing up in my stomach.

*Michelle’s P.O.V.*

I woke up in bed, a bit in a daze.  I turned over slightly to see Zayn sleeping like a baby, as usual, the sight making me smiled. I tried to get up, but my head hurt like a bitch. Maybe I’ll stay in bed today, I decided, sliding carefully back under the blankets. I saw a sliver of gold as Zayn’s eyes began to open. I smiled down at him and he returned it. “Good morning, beautiful,” he said sleepily. I planted a kiss on his soft lips before pulling away and replying.

“Good morning to you too, handsome.” He smiled and sat up. I smiled back up at him before pecking his lips. “I love you,” he told me. I grinned widely, still getting butterflies whenever I heard those three words come out of his mouth.

“I love you, too,” I replied. He kissed me tenderly for a few seconds before pulling away.

“I’m going to go get some breakfast. Would you like to come?” he invited, getting out of bed.

“Uhm, I think I’ll stay up here for a little while,” I dismissed. "My head hurts." He frowned sympathetically, yet playfully; he always said I was a wimp when I got headaches and said I should suck it up, but in the end he always was sweet, which was one of the many reasons I love him.