The Start of Their Distance

"Keiichi-san!" Nozomi spotted him at the entrance of school. It was the first thing in the morning and she already blushed bright red. "Ohayo!"

Keiichi slightly turned and smiled at the girl with magenta short hair. "Oh! Nozomi-chan! Ohayo."

The girl's figure happily trotted to Keiichi's side. He noticed the huge smile on her face and the aura of happiness that seemed to surround her this morning more than usual. "You seem very happy today."

Nozomi suddenly became all flustered and averted her eyes. "Really?" She blinked a couple times and blushed a little brighter. "That's because I was able to see you first thing in the morning!"

Keiichi scratched the back of his perfectly messy brown hair. He chuckled a bit.

Nozomi looked down and pressed her fingers together. Her face was still tinted red as she tried to speak. "Well...actually Keiichi...today-"

Before she was able to complete her sentence, a tall student with long red hair appeared between them. "You seem to be getting along well." Irritation was evident in his voice and his eyebrows arched in an angry way.

"Onii-chan," Nozomi cried, a dark aura starting to form around her. "I thought you were waiting for Mari-chan at the front gate!"

"Ehh?" Tomoya faced his little sister. "Can't an older brother watch out for his little sister?"

Nozomi pouted. "I just wanted to talk with Keiichi-san! Besides, I bet Mari-chan ignored you again this morning."

Mattsun had a look of defeat on his face. Nozomi had hit the bullseye. Keiichi started to cry from laughter. He didn't know that Nozomi could be so blunt.

"Wow! She really got you there, Mattsun!"

Mattsun grinded his teeth at Keiichi. Nozomi noticed Chii-chan calling her from the distance.

"I'm sorry. Let's continue this later. I have to go." Nozomi's little figure bounced off to meet her friend to whom she greeted with a smile.

Keiichi and Mattsun watched Nozomi leave. After she was a fair distance, Mattsun began to scold Keiichi.

"I told you to be more casual with Nozomi! I don't want to see you guys flir..."

As Mattsun ranted on, Keiichi began to zone out.

Mattsun always pesters me about Nozomi. Its not like I did anything to her...but I can understand that he is just being protective. Maybe I want to do something to her? Wait! What am I thinking?

As many thoughts crossed through Keiichi's head, Mattsun grew more irritated when he realized that Keiichi was not listening.

"Oi! Are you even listening?!"

Keiichi stuck out his tongue and smiled. "Nope."

Mattsun placed his head in his palm and took a deep breath. "Look, I don't know why my little sister has such a huge crush on you. However, as a brother I can't let you hurt her."

"Ok! Relax!" He held his arms up in defense. I will never do that," Keiichi promised.

*****

The final bell ringed and Keiichi outstretched his arms in joy! "Finally its over," he announced with a huge smile. He immediately grabbed his bag and headed for the door.

"See you later," he waved to his three close friends.

"Kei-chan, wait," Hashiba, the blond friend called. It was too late. Hashiba sighed," His brother wanted to see him after class, didn't he?"

Tsuyoppon, whose long blue bangs covered one eye, continued reading his book as he commented. "He knows, but he just wants to play with the senpais."

Hashiba frowned. "Oh no. Katakura-sensei will get really angry."

Mattsun sneered. "So what? He can do whatever he wants."

Hashiba and Tsuyoppon shared a look that agreed on the reason that Mattsun was acting this way: Its about Nozomi.
******

"Nozomi!" Her friend, Chii-chan, with long hair and glasses called. "The senpais wanted me to tell you that they cancelled volleyball practice today."

"Eh?! That means I can wait for Keiichi-san at the front gate! I need to tell him something. Thanks, Chii-chan."

Nozomi went to the her shoe locker. As she opened the door, a small letter flew out.

"Eh?" She picked up the small envelope and opened it. "Come to the back of the gym," she read aloud. "It doesn't even say who it is from."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this!

By the way, when words are italicized, it means the character is thinking not speaking.

This is the first time writing a fanfic. I just really wanted to try writing one and I really ship Keiichi and Nozomi from Nijiiro Days (aka Rainbow Days). I felt like they are the couple out the four that is given the least spotlight that is why I decided to create a fanfic for them! <3 I honestly love the manga and anime too!

Please vote, share, or whatever!