Chapter 7: Don't We All Have Awkward Moments?

By the time we had gotten to school, I had completely forgotten about him. Well, that is until I saw him on his phone, just standing there. I dodged him and headed to class; but of course, on the way to class, I had run into Zack.

Zack's eyes widened, "Um... hi," he blushed a bit.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at his blushing, "Why are you blushing, and what do you want?"

Zack ran his fingers through his hair, "Gosh, one question at a time," he tried to dislike me like I disliked him, but he was still blushing, "I was not blushing, and I was looking for you. I just wanted to say sorry about last night."

"Whatever," I said, then walked away. Because of Zack, we both got to homeroom late.

Mr. Harrison - our homeroom and algebra teacher - glared at us. He handed us both a tardy slip and I said, "It was Za-"

"No excuses," Mr. Harrison stated firmly.

Zack and I both walked to our seats, and Zack whispered to me, "Sorry, that was my fault."

"Yeah. It was," I muttered. Zack didn't hear but part of me wanted him to hear. So he would learn to just leave me alone.

The rest if the day was normal, Zack -- Luckily -- didn't say anything to me besides that morning. At lunch, I met up with Mizzy at our usual table. Our table didn't necessarily have lots of people. Usually, it was me and Mizzy and two girls that seemed to be frenemies. But, today someone else joined us. He had a full head of black hair and extremely pale skin where you could see it... Zack? I swear this guy was hunting me down.

"Kira!" Zack said with a smile.

I said sarcastically with an obviously fake smile, "Hey Zack... Nice to see you."

Zack could tell that I was not happy, so he looked away and scooted a couple seats away from me. For the rest of lunch, he did not speak to me. Obviously, I was proud of myself. Almost a whole entire day without a word from Zack!

The bell rang. The teacher gave out homework. The students rushed out of school. I headed home with Mizzy. Mizzy made up ships of Zack and me. The normal schedule that started at the bell ended when I felt something hit me in the head, hard. Everything went pitch black, and I can't remember anything from there.

I woke up to be held in someone's arms. "Mizzy?" I looked up at what I thought to be Mizzy, and my vision focused. "Zack?" I yelled.

"Oh," Zack smiled and blushed.

"Look like the little princess is awake! Can we go now?" I heard a familiar voice, but who was it. I looked up to where the voice was coming from. Damon?

I jumped out and leaped for Damon, "You are the worst guy in the world!" I yelled at him, "You betrayed my BEST friend and broke her heart. Every girl deserves something better than you!" I went for a punch but felt a sharp pain in my arm. "Ouch!" I yelped. Then my head started to hurt, "Who did this?"I scanned the area and found Zack staring at me. I had almost forgotten about Zack with Damon in presence. I looked down to find Zack holding a skateboard under his left foot. "It was you," I pointed at Zack.

Zack came up to me, "Are you okay? My mother is a doctor and my father is a pharmacist. We can go there."

I attempted to push Zack away, but before I could reach him he held me like Simba from The Lion King. I yelled, "Put me down."

Zack shook his head, "Nope. You need help."

I blushed a bit, but stopped myself, "Put me down now!" Zack shook his head again. My goodness, how could he be so chill? Just maybe, I could be more chill and stop getting into these awkward situations. But I'll let this one slide. We all have awkward moments, don't we? I thought.