Chapter 3

SHAWN POV:

Its been two weeks since I've talked to Veronica its been the longest i haven't talked to her. I feel bad but i just wanted to give her space. I was thinking about her and Aaliyah I'm going to call them. I notice Nash staring at me. 

"Yes?" i ask giggling.

"You zoned out and you were mumbling," he laughs.

" Sorry haha i was thinking about my sisters." i reply

"aw. how many sisters do you have?" 

" I have two younger sisters, one is 15 and the youngest is 13," i say thinking about them.

"fifteen huh?" Nash smirks and laughs. I playfully punch his arm he gets up and leaves the room laughing. Yeah, if i ever bring them they will not date these guys. 1 because they are my friends and 2 they are older than them, not by much but still.

i decided on calling Veronica to check up on her.

"hello? Shawn?" she asks

"yeah. how are you?" i ask 

"fine...." i can tell she was lying because her voice got high when she answered me. 

"are you sure?" i ask reassuring 

"yeah!" she says lying... again. 

" how is eve-" i say as she interrupts me.

"hey Shawn i cant talk right now i got to go talk to you later." she says as the phone line goes dead. somethings wrong i think I'm going to call Aaliyah and check up on her and ask her about veronica.

i dial her number and wait for her to answer. 

"hello?" she asks 

"hey Aaliyah how are you?" i ask

"good. but i really miss you i really miss the love of a sibling." she says sadly. what is she talking about she has Veronica? 

"What do you mean? You have Veronica silly." i chuckle and i get serious once i hear her sigh.

"is everything OK Aaliyah?" i ask worried.

"Shawn.... Veronica hasn't spoken to me since the day after you left.. all she does is lock herself in her room and come down to eat but she doesn't even eat she just plays around with her food." she says. i start t get worried because this used to happen in 7th and 8th grade when she would get made fun of.

"does she physically look OK?" i start to get even more worried

"no she looks a bit thinner and all she wear are sweats or skinny jeans and long sleeves... even when its hot...." she says. i feel my heart drop.

"a-Aaliyah ill call you later Kay take car love you." i hang up the phone and shed a tear. I know what this means because in middle school she started doing this too.... shes cutting herself...

i decided on asking Bart if i could skip the next magcon because i was worried about my sisters. He said he totally understood and told me i could go. I decided to take the next flight to Toronto. It was in 3 hours. I started packing and called my parents that i was going to go back and surprise the girls and they said they would pick me up at the airport. I need to stop Veronica before she does something stupid..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to type this two times because it got erased the first time. not cool lol.

~sam