Chapter 2

August 25

I opened my eyes just as we were landing in to the Philadelphia airport. I made my way to retrieve my bags and go hail a cab.  I didn't want my parents to have to come out at such a late hour over the bridge so I told them we would meet as soon as I have settled.  Which was a feat in and of itself, both my mother and father protested saying they wanted to come straight away but I mangaged to hold them off for a couple of days to get my barrings back.

Now the real journey begins the journey over the bridge to Woodbury NJ. A place where my head is filled with more sad memories than happy.

Woodbury is my hometown, why go there you ask when I will be working in Philly well truth be told it's much more affordable to live, especially since my dad has a rental property he gave to me for a good price.

"123 Saunders ave Woodbury NJ" I tell the cab driver

The sights started to become familiar and all the memories flooded my mind. We past memorial high, I felt something wet hit my hand. I looked down only to realize that a lone tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek hitting my hand. I have to tell myself " I am not that same person, 'I have accomplished so much in the last few years, and I am beyond their taunts and teasing.' f. But the pain is still fresh.

"Do you need help to the door ma'am" The cab driver breaks me out of my daze

"No, thank-you I should be able to manage" I say as I pay him the fare.

I am left standing in front of my apartment building. I fumble around my purse to pull out the package my dad had sent, with the key and address. Apartment 2A, it's not a big building 3 floors with 5 apartments per floor, so no elevator. I get into the apartment give it the once over and collapse on the bed. This may be all too much for me to handle but for now I will just worry about that tomorrow I am wa y to tired and with that I fall into a restless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 26

I don't have to be at work till Monday so I have today and tomorrow to sort the apartment out, get some groceries and get a feel for the area, settle back in. 

By noon I am famished, I only had an apple and a granola bar for breakfast. I decide to take my chances and go for a stroll outside to find a grocery store or a place to grab something to eat. 

I find a small market just around the corner, which I much prefer to big chains. I love mom and pop shops, unique fare anything that is slightly less than perfect. I guess you could say I route for the underdog, a kindred spirit type thing.

I enter the market and turn to go down the produce isle when my cart hits the guy crouched down on the ground picking something up. 

"Whoa watch where you're going" he yells.

My cheeks immediately flush from embarrassment 'how stupid can I be' I barrade myself.

"I am sooo sorry; I didn't see you down there. Are you ok?" I ask hurriedly

He stands up and I am now face to face with Jason DiMilo the biggest jerk of my high school life. 'Oh crap'. This boy never let an opportunity to humiliate me go by.

My stomach started to hurt, my heart started to beat alarmingly fast, my fight or flight instincts were kicking in and I can tell you if I had a clear way to the exit I would have been outta there faster than you could say "Boo"

"Hello miss, are you ok, I am sorry for yelling at you. Please say something you look awfully pale" he stated

Wait, wait he didn't recognize me, could Natalie have been right. The jerk who everyday for 3 years made fun of me didn't know who I was.

"Uh, uh, yeah I am fine. Sorry about running into you" I nervously said

"No problem" he said as he eyed my quizzically

That was my cue, I hightailed it out of there, and I didn't even get what I went in there for; 'groceries' 

I come rushing out of the market only to run straight into something or rather someone ,and just as I am about to fall backwards I am steadied by the waist. Oh good God what is wrong with me? Running over two people in less than 30 minutes.

When I look up I am starring into the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, they are a bright blue like the Carribean.  They were so warm and oddly familiar. I was knocked out of my trance to see the gorgeous face attached to those eyes. This man was the epitome of sexy, tall, tanned and muscular. Can you say HELLO? Well apparently I couldn't because I was tongue tied.

"Are you ok? You should really look where you are going" he stated, hands still in my waist

"Sorry about that, thanks for catching me" I say sheepishly as my cheeks fill with heat (damn white skin, exposing my embarrasment)

He's looking at me intently and I can feel my cheeks burning brighter. I break free from his warm hands and intoxicating smell.

"No problem just be careful to watch where you're going next time, wouldn;t want you falling and hurting the cute but of yours" he says with a wink

"you think my but is cute" instantly slapping my hands over my mouth How do I manage to keep putting my foot in my mouth.

"Don't answer that, uhm thanks again. bye"  I all but yell as I pivet on my heel and walk away from my embarrasing encounter with a handsome stranger.

As I walk away I can't shake that niggling feeling like I have seen him frin somewhere.  That thought gets me laughing a bit.  Where would I know a man as sexy as that, oh ya 'only in my dreams'

I finally find a place to grab some food and head back to the apartment. The day drags on and my head is filled with images of Jason the jerk and that beautiful mystery guy.

It seems my adventure is well on its way. I can't wait to see what tomorrow hold for me....