(3) A L I V E

The world began transforming again to that hideous and terrifying otherworld. God, I can smell the stench of guts already. Guts! Oh, my God! I internally screamed and stopped midway up the church's entrance stairs.

I turned around and watched Dahlia grabbing Cybil's arm, talking crazy. Rose was just standing there while everyone was running for their lives. I watched Anna stoning Dahlia, yelling, "Filth and lies!"

All of that was happening while I was screaming, "He's coming! We gotta go now!" Nobody listened to me. Rose even stopped to talk to Dahlia.

Oh, you gotta be kidding me! I growled, "Rose, come on! He's going to kill Anna!"

I immediately regretted saying that. Everyone looked at me. I froze as I realized that those are cult people. God knows what they were thinking. I could tell it won't end well for me if Anna really did die. So, I did something not like me at all. I pulled Anna's arm and guided her to the church. I didn't do it for her. I did it to save my ass. Hmm, I guess it did sound like something I would do after all. Phew, I was beginning to think I was turning into a saint.

The darkness covered everything. Then Pyramid head appeared just as we entered the church.

"Woohoo. Yeah!" I expressed my happiness out loud while raising two fists up above my head. Although, I didn't look happy. My eyes were wide open in terror, my body was trembling, and I was sweating like a pig.

All of us exhaled in relief. I saved Anna. Nobody attacked us and called us 'whiches.' Cybil reserved a bullet. I was a hero. Sadly, no one knew about it but me.

While Rose and Cybil were closing the doors, I grabbed Anna's face, kissed her, and said, "Thanks for not dying."

My stomach twisted when I heard the people gasping

My stomach twisted when I heard the people gasping. Of course, I thought, These people still think homosexuality is an abomination. Just when I thought I was off the hook. Before I could explain myself, blood splattered across my face and my left side. I choked and shivered in place.

People screamed then shouted at me, "Witch! She killed Anna!"

I looked to my side and saw Anna cut in half by Pyramid head's knife that he managed to slide through the door before it was fully closed.