(1) A R R I V E

Screech. Screech. Screech.

A high-pitched sound was heard coming from the direction of the basement door.

"Do you hear that?" jumped, scared, a teenage girl who was sitting on the couch next to a twenty-something guy. He had similar features as hers.

He calmly replied, "Relax, Eden. It's probably just a mouse." He was sitting comfortably with his hands behind his head watching his favorite movie, Silent Hill.

Screech. SCREECH! SCREECH!!

The sound was getting louder. "Owen," Eden breathed nervously and covered herself with the mustard-colored throw, peeking at the door, "I don't think that's a mouse." Then she whispered, "It sounds like someone's scratching the door."

Owen was nervous too, but he didn't show it like Eden. He was feeling a bit sweaty. "Oh, for the love of God!" He stood up and called, "Who's there?"

It was 2 AM. All members of the house were supposed to be asleep. The door slowly opened, creaking. The suspense was killing the two siblings.

"Boo!" I quickly stuck my head out the door, causing my brother and sister to flinch.

"Ellen," my brother resentfully stated with a low voice. "I should've known."

My sister placed her hand on her chest and released a sigh of relief.

"Haha!" I laughed as I happily skipped down the stairs. "Whatup, bitches?"

Owen ignored me and sat back on the couch acting all cool as always. He resumed watching the movie.

"You're evil," Eden glared at me as she removed the throw from her body. "Ugh, I can't believe I fell for your stupid pranks again. You're wicked."

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I commented back, "You mean wickedly awesome!" I shrugged, "And I'm not evil. I'm creative. Oh, McFries!" I blurted, reaching to the table to get my hands on the only food that I would sell my soul for.

"Hey, these are my fries!" my sister yelled at me.

"Not anymore," I said with a provoking smile as I snatched the fries and enjoyed eating them. I was the neglected middle child. I learned to draw my parents' attention to me by being annoying as hell.

I was expecting my sister to protest and attack me. I always pick a fight with her because I was jealous of the way mom and dad treated her like a baby angel. Surprisingly, she just sighed and avoided the fight this time. However, my brother didn't let it go.

"Now you're just being a bully," he said without moving his eyes away from the screen.

"And you're just mad because I scared you," I teased while nomming on the fries.

"Pfft," I laughed and almost spat the food out of my mouth. I really annoyed him. He was slightly shaking his head. "Seriously, you guys need to lighten up and learn how to play the game as good as I do," I proudly said, lifting my shirt by the shoulders and letting go of it while I walked around them with a swagger.

"I would be careful if I were you," Owen said, trying to scare moi! "Karma is a bitch, you know?"

Suddenly, before I could talk back to him, he stood up and furiously yelled at me, "OK. That's it!" He approached me and pointed at me, "What did you do to my movie?"

I furrowed my brows and said, "What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't touch your stupid mo-." I was cut off when Owen shoved me. "HEY!" I yelled.