6

*let's debut!!*

minhyuk: hey u guys!! ready for tonight??

jooheon: yeppp ofc!!!!

hyungwon: 👌👌

hoseok: yesssss! i look smexyyy

kihyun: we're waiting for your stuck up ass 🙃

jooheon: hurry up hoseok and minhyuk!!

kihyun: hyunwoo's gonna drive off without u guys if u take longer than 3 minutes to get down here

minhyuk: omg omg noo! just wait! we're nearly doneee

minhyuk: ok we're running down now!

kihyun: get off ur phone and run!

-

the car door burst open with the image of two panting boys appeared.

"just hurry up" kihyun said as he rolled his eyes.

"come on!" hoseok whined, "it's a special occasion we just wanted to look extra good"

"yeah!" minhyuk chimed in, "our first team reunion" he finished off with a dreamy voice and love struck smile on his face.

-

"cheers!!"

all the boys clashed their spilling cups of beer together before downing it - except hyunwoo who was responsible for driving, he has coke.

"it's been such a long time" jooheon said pretending to wipe some tears away.

"yeah. yeah we established that like 20 minutes ago" gunhee replied with a playful tone.

"ahhh I missed all of you!!" hoseok and minhyuk said at the same time.

laughter and small chat filled the small room as they ate and drank some more.

everyone was full by now and were jist resting, their backs against their chairs as they enjoyed the soft humming of the heater next to them - it was late January after all and the snowing period had only just started to end.

"but... is it okay to not invite.. him??"

it was yoonho. probably the only person in the group that had really opened up to changkyun. yoonho had been eliminated nearly right after the boy had arrived but they were the same age. yoonho had trained for so many years at starship and most people would expect him to hate the newcomer the most but it was the opposite.

yoonho understood how desperate changkyun was. it was the same for him which was why he tried to befriend the boy despite his own anger and sense of betrayal.

an unpleasant silence replaced the once calm atmosphere and suddenly the monsta x members were irritated and the eliminated friends were restless seeing their expressions change.

if anything, they thought the members that would debut would have already patched things up.

"no"

it was hyungwon that spoke.

the atmosphere was broken when hyunwoo's phone rang.

taking his phone out of his pocket, he visibly froze a little when he looked at who was calling.

"manager.." he managed to say before he picked with rembling hands.