08

Thursday: Hood: Beat The Odds

Nasir Ty'Quan Thompson

I got up and went to check on Karrington. "Karrington." I called her name. She shook but turned around, "What?". I lowered my head looking down. "I know I over stepped the Otha day but I had to. I mean at least you know how I feel." She kept the same unreadable expression. "Look, I'm not dating a thug or living with a thug who has a crush on me. My mom is picking me up today and I'm moving back home. Tell Rose if I'm already gone." I dropped my mouth. "Look you don't have to leave, I can dip until you and ya sis figure something out. Just don't leave." I grabbed her hand and held it to my chest.

"I gotta leave Nasir. I can't be with you." She pushes me out and closed the door, locking it to.

Ty: Rose!! Make Karrington stay, please

Rose: can't🤷🏾‍♀️ I have to leave to. My dad is threatening to get the police involved and report us as runaways.

Ty: damn, what y'all gon do?

Rose: honestly, idk.. but all I know is I gotta protect her and mama. Get me a gun, please

Ty: HELL NO!'

I waited on her to text back but she never did. Hours passed since Karrington told me they were leaving me. I went to go help her pack but her and all her things were already gone. I raced downstairs and she was getting inside a Taxi. I looked at her and she waved at me. 'Fuck!' I went back upstairs and went inside her old room. Sitting on the bed was a short note.

Nasir,
Thank you for letting me stay. I do feel what you feel btw.
-Karrington🖤

I threw the paper and laid back thinking of how to get her to give me a chance.

Ty: What's Karrington number?

Once again Rose was ignoring me. I was going into my room when someone started banging on my door. I slowly opened it with my .45 Glock in my hand. "NIGGA OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Rose yelled. I sat the gun down and let her in. "I want a gun nigga! My pops is crazy! I can't beat his ass none of us can." I closed the door and just looked at her. "Ty! I'm not being funny I need a gun."

"Rose, no. I don't want you doing anything stupid. Just when he gets out of hand let me know and I'll come right over. Trust me you don't want a gun." She looked at me. "But I bet you if I was Karrington you would toss me whatever after sucking ya dick! Fuck you Ty you never cared about me, everything in my life is about my little sister." She started to leave but I stopped her.

"You know that's not true. I care about both you. Stay here or go home but I'm not getting you a gun." She pulled her arm back and left out.

Karrington Stone

My moma opened the door and welcomed me with a gun slipping something in my back pocket. She kiss my cheek, "You in upstairs in my room we need to talk." I walked passed her and waved at my dad who just mugged me.

Alexis: hey girl💞
Karri: Hey lex
Alexis: did you ever ask Ty? Oh and Wud for the summer?
Karri: no I didn't and idk my pops prolly gonna make me work at his shop again🙄
Alexis: awe🙁 ok I'll ttyl tho😙
Karri: bet.💓

I locked my phone as I heard a lot of yelling and then stomping towards my room. "YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME!! YOU DONT LOVE NONE OF US!!" Rose yelled before coming in and slamming the door. "Rose, who you was yelling at?" I hugged my sister as she wipped her face. "Dad. I hate him so much. As soon as I turn 18 I'm leaving!" She got up and sat on her own bed.

I just left her alone and got back onto my phone.

Alexis: oh here's Ty's number if you ever need it ***-356-7912
Karri: I won't use it I'm sure but thanks🤷🏾‍♀️✨

I turned over and our mom walked in. "I gave you pepper spray Karrington because I'm gonna have to start working and I'm taking Rose with me since she's old enough. I don't want you to walk home alone but seeing as if you have no friends that live this way... well I gave you that for protection." I smiled and put it in my purse. "You should blind that old ass man downstairs." Rose mumbled.

"And Rose, we'll talk tomorrow. You'll be working with me all Summer. Karrington on late nights I want you either home or with a trusted friend in the city close to my job. We'll be moving soon since the pay is better." I smiled at that news. "Just us three right?"

"Yes babies. I'll see y'all in the morning."

***
What y'all thinkkkkk?😋 comment below and follow me and VOTE please💓

~XoXo Marie💋
Love yah😘😘😘