Smarter Choices

"No! you can't." Lena grabbed Kara's hand and used a good amount of super strength to yank her out of the closet, when they'd gotten to the hallway, she stopped in her tracks and glared at the Kryptonian.

"What were you thinking?! This is a work place, you can't just go around screwing people, what if someone else had caught you? What if you revealed yourself to Siobhan? What if you hurt her?" Lena ranted, Kara's eyes were on the floor now, her glasses still askew.

"...You're right. You're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that here. There is a time and a place for such endeavors. It's just, back on Krypton, there was only a handful of people who could indulge, and they were frowned upon." Kara explained, still looking like a kicked puppy, Lena made to adjust the girl's glasses, and after she did, her hands dropped to her side

"You mean to say...You're a virgin? Everyone on Krypton is a virgin? Even 'mated' people?"

"If that word means never 'indulging' with other Kryptonians, then yes. We are almost all 'virgins'"

Lena had to stifle her laughter, and when Kara noticed, she was confused, but didn't comment on it.

"Whatever, Kara. Just..Just don't do this again, alright?" Lena warned, which earned a nod from Kara

"I promise."

"You wanna take on Lena Luthor?" Lillian asked with a smirk on her face

"National City's wealthiest will be there. Imagine how much money that is, plus you'll get that public dazzle you're looking for, and the news will even reach Metropolis." The thief replied with confidence, Lillian's eyes flashed for one second before she reconsidered.

"I don't care for your Greed, Mr. Miner. The Luthors are dangerous, you don't mess with them"

"I managed to escape that Green Lantern chick, I'll be able to escape this party before she arrives, too."

Lillian turned around, walking away from the trio, "I don't care." She repeated; "You want to take down Lena Luthor? You do so at your own peril."

"We're taking down that party." Miner yelled for all ears, his voice echoed in the underground tunnel.

"Hello, Lena." Lena turned around when she heard her name being said, and was met with the sight of the blonde Kryptonian in a grey suit, white shirt and a purple tie.

Lena downed her glass of champagne, but she felt as if something was stuck in her throat, so she took time swallowing.

"What's wrong with your mouth?" Kara asked, Lena held up a hand as an indication to wait

"Hello, Kara. Where's the suit from?" Lena said as soon as her mouth was free,

"Oh, this! Siobhan gave me her plastic rectangle to purchase things. I was looking for a robe similar to the ones I wore to galas on Krypton, but I couldn't find any, and this was the on--" Kara rambled, when Lena cut her off

"You used her credit card?!" Lena all but screeched, thankfully it wasn't very loud, so nobody's attention was on her...yet.

"You're going to yell at me again.." Kara said with a defeated expression on her face, Lena had to count to ten and breathe in and out deeply before she replied

"I'm not gonna yell at you." Lena finally exhaled

"Would you like to dance?" Kara offered her hand. Lena had to think about it, there would surely be pictures on the internet and on magazines, but Lena didn't care about anyone finding out about her sexuality, and Kara was wearing her glasses so she was safe.