A Special Guest

No, no, wait. To family. Love bonds us all." Lena said back to J'onn, and the people surrounding her smiled. Her own group of friends, that she'd never imagined she'd have.

They clinked their champagne glasses together, sipping slowly, Lena thinking back on a time before she became a hero.

She was the CEO of L-Corp, having cleared the name of her company, making it a force for good. Even Superman had warmed up to her, and now that she was a Green Lantern, working with the D.E.O to get rid of Alien threats and even minor human threats, even more people had warmed up to her. James, Winn, Alex, J'onn, Maggie..they were her friends now, and they were real. Supporting her at every turn.

And she had done the same for them, when Alex came out, she'd embraced her, knowing her struggles since she herself only recently came to the realisation that it isn't someone's gender that mattered to her, and more who they were as a person.

James wanted to become a hero as well. Winn took to designing a suit for him, and he fought besides Lena, thwarting petty crimes and the like. Maggie had joined their little family shortly after, and everyone had warmed up to her instantly.

Lena smiled to herself as she sipped more champagne, but as she was lost in thought, she and her family heard something sounding a lot like a rocket passing by.

They all rushed to the window, looking out, noticing a plane-like object heading for the park in their city. J'onn and Lena exchanged one look before heading out, Lena harnessing her willpower to form the suit around her body, and the vision-enhancing mask covering her eyes. She concentrated more, willing a bow and arrows into existence on her back before leaping into the sky joining the Martian.

Reaching what she now knew was a pod, her eyes widened.

"That pod...it's identical to Superman's." Lena took a few more steps towards the flaming pod, which still appeared unaffected by the fire.

"Lena, be careful! You don't know what's in there." J'onn warned her, but she only spared him a look, wringing her hands before breaking the material that covered the front of the pod.

"Oh my god.."

"What is it?" J'onn inquired, now making his way to her.

"It's a girl. Another Kryptonian..at least I think it is." Lena said slowly, J'onn was agitated now.

"What?! That's impossible!"

"We need to contact Superman." Lena said with an air of finality.

-------------------------------------------

Clark and J'onn never stayed in the same room together, and so Lena took it upon herself to introduce the caped hero to their "guest".

"The pod has only landed yesterday, and after the many tests Alex and I tried to conduct, we found nothing that could relate to an injury or foreign objects. She is basically human. Except the two little details which include her landing here in a pod, and needles can't pierce her skin." Lena said, her arms crossed, she was back to wearing her daily clothes, the ring on her right middle finger glowing softly in the chamber the girl was held in.

"Lena! Clark! You two need to see this, Winn has found out something new on this guest of ours." Alex exclaimed, Winn hot on her heels, he had his tablet in hand as usual, addressing them both.

"It says here that our little alien, on her way to earth, passed by something called 'the well of stars'--"

"I've been there before." Lena cut Winn off. "Time doesn't pass there, which explains why she is so young..." Lena saw Clark's jaw clench at the implication. Krypton was gone, that much he knew, but it still wouldn't do to keep reminding him of it.