7• second chance

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, I'm not that hungry anyway. What about Clara?" I asked.

"Oh don't worry, she's staying at your grandma's for the weekend. I thought that'd be best because your dad and I are working almost all weekend and I figured you'd be busy too. Grandma called earlier and said Clary made a new friend at the playground, the neighbors son I think. I'm gonna pick her up Sunday night" mum explained, toying with the car keys in her hands.

"Oh okay, that's good. She always makes friends so quickly, I wonder how she does it" I laughed. Can't relate. Sure, I had Sammy and Cat but that was about it, everyone else seemed more like acquaintances. "So, do you need me to lock the door when I leave?"

"Yes, please. That'd be great. Don't forget to text me tomorrow morning so I know you're alright, okay, Hanna?" she asked, pushing a strand of her blonde hair back into her perfect bun. "I think I'll sleep at your dad's apartment tonight. We'll be back Sunday evening"

"Of course" I nodded. "That's fine with me"

"I love you, honey. Have a fun time and say hi to Samara and Catrina from me" she kissed my forehead, leaving a faint pink lipstick mark behind and walked out of the room.

"Bye mum!" I yelled after her. "Love you loads!"

"Be safe!" I heard her call up the stairs before she left the house. I listened for the sound of her car leaving the driveway, turned my music back up and continued my quest to find the perfect makeup for tonight.

When I got down to eyeshadows I started feeling conflicted and decided to ask Sammy and Cat for advice, I didn't want to bring all my makeup to Sammy's house, I was way too lazy for that.

Uncharging my phone I plopped down onto my bed, careful to not mess up the clothes I had laid out. I opened our group chat.

Golden Trio

Me: heey,
what makeup look
should I do tonight?
I can't decide on
what eyeshadow to bring..

Samuel L. Jackson: I dunno but I'm doing red lips tonight

Cat🐱: aw, I wanted to do red lips too! Can't we all do red lips that'd be super cute!

Me: ugh,
I don't even have a
cute red one rn..

Cat🐱: you can both borrow mine!!

Me: what about eyes then?

Cat🐱: let's do gold!

Samuel L. Jackson: not everyone has gorgeous blue eyes like you, Cat..

Samuel L. Jackson: I wanna do black liner and maybe a simple eyeshadow color if you want

Me: Cat's idea sounds good, I'm in the mood for gold eyes, I'll also bring black liner. Let's decide later, k?

Cat🐱: yay! Can't wait!

Samuel L. Jackson: k, I'll see you guys later, I ordered pizza btw. Also, Dom agreed to drive us. Be @ my place by seven