Chapter Two

"What?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You're one of us now." Said the one at the front.

Anyone could recognise them, the most popular group in school. With all the fittest, talented and richest people. They were talking to me from my perspective I didn't care, but not being part of a rumour was good for once so this was my best chance of blending in. Electra was near the the group but was never really in it she's always wanted to be but never really fitted the criteria she hated me now I could see it in her eyes as well as reading her mind, any other person wouldn't care but being hated isn't something I just let pass.

The front of the group was Sadie a typical popular girl, pretty, skinny, padded boobs, padded ass, drawn eyebrows, over the top make up and a boy magnet, but like I said only immortals were perfect not bragging but even if I didn't agree and from an outsiders perspective I was the prettiest girl in school. There was a mix of boys and girls all fairly similar, like a big family but never really knowing the true definition of friendship only becoming friends with people for what they have and they look not who they really are. I could say no but when you get an opportunity like this you have no choice once you fit the criteria you're dragged in and the innocent person you were before destroyed.

Sadie grabbed my arm and hooked mine in hers. In her mind I was her new best friend, reading minds used to be entertaining but now it was just disturbing. I only just met this girl. She has a boyfriend it's hard to miss. His name is Clyde and like all typical stories he is the school's football captain. He is attractive but not the most attractive in school. Sadie's only going out with him because in her mind it's meant to be, like me he was dragged along by her grasps but he didn't care. He's using her for his own satisfaction and soon he's planning on dumping her then she's going to come running to me for support until her ex asks me out and of course say no because I'm not stupid. I can also see the future I guess I forgot to add. There was one boy out of all of the boys in school I seemed to crush on. The definition of perfect in my books, only because well he was immortal as well. He didn't know but he has been beginning to realise that he's not the same. He's in the group with me his name is Mason. He's 16 already and is single he's always been. Of course like all immortals are perfect. But no one has noticed, they kind of forget about him at times but like me when they saw me properly I was straightway in the group. He's in the group because he's absolutely amazing at football and discreetly amazingly good looking. He hides it under glasses, he's prefers being discreet as well. He's better than Clyde but he would be.

"Hal babe, your sleeping over mine tonight we need to talk," Sadie says.

She won't take no for an answer. I'm her first best friend apparently other people have actually moved away to get away from her. I wouldn't blame them to be honest but this is my chance to get closer to Liam. God I swear he's my biggest weakness.

"Ok can I talk to the rest of the group get to know them a bit more." I said.

"But we really have to go." She demanded gritting her teeth.

I stared into her eyes,

"I'm going to talk the rest of the group and your going to shut up and wait for me ok." I said.

"Ok of course I'll be here." She said smiling,

Compulsion another one of my gifts. Okay so I'm not usually this mean but no one tells me what to do. No one.

"Hey beautiful welcome to the group." Clyde said winking at me.

I turned away in disgust. The rest of the group seemed to drool over me then I turned around and there he was. Mason.

"Hallie hey don't mind me. No one else does anyway." He said rolling his eyes.

Immortals could communicate through mind, so since I've never met any others of my kind this is my chance to take advantage.

'Mason it's fine. I know.'

'Wait how are you talking to me?'

'Because I'm like you,'

'But, how? What am I? How are you like me?'

'Be careful no one can know ok. You're an immortal don't freak ok.'

'What the fuck? What how?'

'Remember.'

I shot him images from my memory. He gasped then he smiled. I gave him a bit too much information. He knows how I feel. He blushed.

'Cute.'

'Shh. Our little secret.'

I walked away biting my lip. Clyde was gobsmacked because I pretty much blanked him. Clyde, now rejected and friend zoned. This was too good to be true.

--------

Hey. So what do you think? This isn't my best story but I don't mind it that much to be honest. Hallie may seem stuck up, trust me she can be nice. It's an immortal thing after all. Don't take it to heart, appearance wise immortals are perfect, sorry it's the way the story is so I'm sorry if I offend anyone :3 tell me what you think and if I should write more xx