Chapter 1

It was a sunny summer morning and Caitlin Snow woke up as happy as ever in her loft. She climbed out of bed, wiping away the sleep from her eyes and wandered over to the window and pulled open the curtains.

She took a deep breath as she opened the window, leaned out of it and breathed in the summer air. She felt the morning breeze dance against her skin and the smell of flowers that she had planted on her terrace.

Quickly she walked to the other side of the room and made herself some breakfast. Just a simple bowl of cereal seeing as it was so warm so she could eat it on her terrace. She opened the door and sat on the couch, watching the trees sway in the wind as she sat in bare feet and a white tank top and white pyjama shorts.

She crossed her legs and closed her eyes. This was her paradise. She lived her life. She loved the way that she led her life. Living in the city on the high street, running her own business, the family business, it was a dream life.

There was only one thing missing from her life but in the last couple of months she finally thought that she has found that. It was love. A husband that she could call her own. But about two months ago she had met someone who she could see herself with and she was ridiculously attracted too. She didn't see him often but when she did-well, he drove her crazy.

His name was Barry Allen and he was a police officer. They had met about two months ago when the alarm in her jewellery store was tripped by her neighbour's cat, Tigger. The fat ginger baker's cat had strayed from Mr and Mrs Bianchi's little girl's room. Carina Bianchi had no idea that her beloved cat had wandered out of her bedroom door, down the stairs, out of her parents' bakery and next door to Caitlin's store.

Caitlin herself had been fast asleep at the time and woke with a start as her alarm rang through her ears. The alarm going off already meant that an officer would be sent down to check on the store and arrest any burglar. Caitlin stayed put in her loft, the upstairs of her shop, not wanting to go downstairs seeing as she still thought that there was a genuine burglar in her shop.

Only about ten minutes later did the alarm stop ringing and there was a knock at the door to her loft. The sound made Caitlin jump but moments later she was soothed as a calm voice on the other side called out to her.

"Miss Snow? My name is Officer Barry Allen, I am with the police. I'm here to check on the alarm going off, are you alright? There isn't anyone down here so you are safe so you can open up,"

Biting her lower lip, she opened the door and was faced with a young man with a comforting smile.

"Morning, ma'am, there isn't anyone down in the shop and nothing has been stolen,"

"Oh thank God!" Caitlin sighed in relief, some colour finally returning to her cheeks.

"Though I did find one cat-burglar downstairs. Do you recognise this big guy?" He joked, lifting up the fat ginger cat.

"Oh yes! That's my neighbour's little girl's cat, Tigger. He must have come in and set the alarm off. Oh, I'm so sorry, I feel like I have wasted your time," Caitlin replied with a little laugh.

"Oh no, you haven't. It's two AM and I have been silently begging for the last few hours for a call to come in. Doing the night shift gets pretty boring and cases like this always seem to put a smile on this face," he shook his head with a charming smile. "But anyway, would you like me to return our furry friend here?"

"That would be lovely, thank you officer," she replied with a smile.

"Well, I will leave you to sleep in peace, have a nice night,  ma'am," he wished her goodnight before walking away down the stairs.