Hospitals and homes

Chapter 3 ( 4 days later)

 There was a crash. I was huddle in a freezing cold corner, with only a thin dress to cover me. The light intruded as I hear someone yell, she’s here! A man in a swat uniform picks me up gently bridal style and hands me to some one else wrapping me in a thick blanket. I haven’t eaten or drank anything for 4 days. I was shivering. The man disappeared after 20 minutes with me. I haven’t seen him since. Thanking good. I let my body go limp, as I’m met with the flashes of cameras, screeching of sirens and commands of police officers.  My back meets the stretcher and it all fades.

…………………….

Quick I need the……

Fade out

Fade in

“MY GOD ELLA (sob) IM (sob) SO (sob) SORRY (sob)( YOU HAVE NO GOD DAM IDEA!!!!” I barely mange to mutter “ just shut up sav” 

Fade out

Fade in

“We have to Cheryl! It’s not safe for either of them! Look at her! This was supposed to be savannah!”

“ she’ll hate us forever though! If she knows we kept it from her….”

“ she knows I’m not her father, she knows she a result of a one night stand, but she also knows that is stepped in and stayed so I could rescue her from her mother’s evil grasp and cover her eyes from the drugs and alcohol. She knows and I think now is the best time to tell her about her dad! She can hate us forever but she’ll be safe”

Fade out

Fade in

“I hate how close this is to sitting next to your 13 year old self after the crash that killed your mother… you died 2 times…. You put me through hell angle!!”

“… Daddy?” I croak I flutter my eyes open and watch my savior shot up from his chair.  He smiles.

“How do you feel?” he asks the smile is real, just like the pain in his eyes. Horrible why thank you for asking. 

“Fine but my head hurts.” That’s the first time I spoken in 4 days with the exception of 3 words to savannah. “How long have I been out?”

Dad lets out a shaky breath before saying, “just one day. 25 hours to be exact, but do you want to talk to the cop? I’m supposed to go get her when you wake up, but if you don’t want to talk then I won’t get her. Even though the second you’re done your going home for a few days….”

“ …. Is savannah here? I want van here but no one else if I do talk to her..” I fumble with my all a suddenly really interesting bed covers.

“ya sure sweet heart “ as he stands he stands to go get Vannah and the police officer. He doesn’t see me suck in a breath at that word. As the words echo in my head a beauty queen run towards my bed even though her black hair is a greasy mess and her makeup is smeared all over her. A woman in a suit fallows, probably an investigator. Savannah jumps on to the bed and starts sobbing. Her words weren’t audible, At all. “Savannah! I’m fine so will you shut up!” she sits up and laughs she swipes the mascara bleeding down her face. I smile, but it hurts like hell.

“Hello Ella, I’m Alicia I’ll be investigating your case.  I understand that you were ready to talk to me?”

I swallow and look at savannah who grabs my hand. Savannah has her own key to my thousand and walls. I don’t know where she found the ultimate key, but she did somewhere. I tell her everything. I look at savannah at the end to see her mouth open so I add, “It’s not your fault and if you say anything along those lines I will smack you.”  She just plants a sad smile on her face and shakes her head. Alicia just nods and walks out. The second the doors closes I know everyone will be in here soon so I snap my head to her. “Please just make sure no ever, EVER, calls me sweetheart again. Just tell them I hate it.” She nods as the door slides open to revel my Step-mom and dad. My step-mom and envelopes me in one of her famous hugs, reminding me that they were famous for a reason. She pulls away for me to see her blood shot eyes and hand me a pile of clothes. Guess I was going home.