t w e n t y t h r e e

"This only involves me and her, why are you guys butting in about? Did your parents not told you to not meddle in other people's personal family matters?" the girlfriend turned around, annoyed that someone, a mere high school student dares to question her actions.

Jongdae chuckled at the older's reply to his question and Chanyeol continued to stare at her with irritation, coming to a realization. The moment he saw her walking into the school compound just now, he felt something familiar to her. Only after seeing her attitude towards his crush that he noticed that she was with her for a moment during the sports day a few weeks back.

This sister-in-law was the reason why she cried and ran off in the middle of the event.

"I don't know to what extent did you hurt her and I'm not interested in why you're being such an inhumane person to her but what I care is about her feelings," Chanyeol replied, his eyes slowly drawn to how the girl in front of him was trying to hold back her tears.

"She should know her place better! Do you not realize how tacky she is? How low she brings her family down? For the daughter of a scientist and a professor, and the sister of the top student of the most excellent university in the country, she's not even close to their level. She's a disgrace," the girlfriend's words just made her clunch her fists tightly, remembering the even worst remarks she had received.

"Well, I know the importance of knowledge and how highly someone is placed for being intelligent, but being smart with facts and science isn't all you know. For an old lady like you, you sure have skipped the years of learning that being incredibly clever in arts is also considered as being smart as well," Chanyeol responded and Jongdae continued, "Looks like you've been filling yourself with facts that it's too overloaded to also fill in that we had a lot of intelligent historians that delve into arts as well."

"For high school students like you, who haven't had the slightest idea how it really is out there, you two talk too much. Might as well prepare to die alongside her then," rolling her eyes, she turned around and within a few steps, she stopped in fear as she heard the girl's name being called out by a familiar voice.

"So this is the truth huh?"