n i n e t e e n

Chanyeol smiled as he stared at the note he had in hand. As his mind replayed the scene that happened that morning, he couldn't contain his emotions seeing her all cute with smiles at his words of comfort — of sorts.

His daydream shattered with the appearance of his best friend, Jongdae, who snatched the note out of Chanyeol's grasp, "Oh... what do we have here?"

Jongdae covered his mouth teasingly with his left hand as he held the note in his right, reading it with a fake overly excited expression. Seeing the pretty embarrassing (and quite idiotic, but this is Jongdae, he's always that kind of friend) show Jongdae had put on, Chanyeol rolled his eyes before side-eyeing his best friend.

"Are you done?" the loverboy asked, making Jongdae grow on a smirk. Sighing, knowing all too well what that smirk meant, Chanyeol responded firmly, "No."

"But like, she's just there!" Jongdae shouted out loud, like this just had to be one of the times Jongdae had to make a scene and cause almost everyone nearby to snap towards them.

"Now look what you've done, you loud ass speaker," Chanyeol carefully took back the note, inspecting it to make sure Jongdae didn't create any creases on it. "Bye," Chanyeol said, leaving Jongdae to the still staring eyes. Poor dude, he felt so awkward in the situation that he let out a high note screech.

Chanyeol slowly approached her and to his surprise, she smiled as he got nearer to her. A timid laugh left her before she asked, "What was that about?"

"Just Jongdae being loud, I'm pretty sure I'll drop his ass soon," Chanyeol's reply made her giggle but she suddenly stopped at the realization that she was holding some personal sticky notes in her hand.

Quickly stuffing it into her pocket, with carefulness to not wrinkle up any of it, she sparked up a question so that Chanyeol didn't notice what she had hidden, "So, you're not going back with Jongdae?"

"I was thinking of stopping by the stationery shop nearby," he looked at Jongdae being dragged by Sehun as he replied to her, "Wanna come along?"

"Sure..." she shyly nodded and began walking first, trying to adjust the notes in her pocket without Chanyeol noticing.

But her thoughts were the opposite of what happened, Chanyeol noticed the notes she had been reading before he approached her.

How would he not notice at a glance that it was his own notes to her?

"Oh my god, what do I do with him," Sehun sighed as he looked at the situation from afar before saving Jongdae's ass. As the two made their way towards the school gate, they could clearly see their coconut tree of a friend approaching his crush.

"If it's meant to be, love will always find it's way back," Sehun said, still dragging Jongdae, "Now, treat me to something, I'm starving from saving your ass."

An extra (short) scene because why not :")

Also, this book is close to being 2 years old (and I have yet to finish this...) and I can't believe how this book still managed to have readers. Thank you so much, really I can't express how grateful I am. This book, like my other books, are all just (fragments of) the representations of me, in a way and to have people reading and enjoying it bring me even more joy aside from being able to put my emotions into words.

Sorry that this is a sudden note, but I've been feeling a bit empty, lonely and generally tired lately. And to see that people still stayed with this fic makes me better. I hope you can bear with me a little bit more on updates c:

Hopefully this week goes well for everyone!

– Lily