On the flip side, I made a couple new friends first week of classes. Both were in my art intro class. They weren't majors like me, but so far we clicked. Since what Devonte invited me to wasn't a date or anything, I asked them to come with me.

At nine pm, we were in the apartment getting ready. "You should wear this girl," Candice said. She was a short light skin girl with Havana twists and a great, dimpled smile. At my request, she brought over some outfit choices. She was holding up a piece of fabric that couldn't even be classified as a dress, it looked so revealing.

"Bitch, you know her ass ain't gonna wear that," Tasha laughed. Tasha was a thicker than a snicker girl, the kind they made songs about. She was around my height, with long curly black weave, like 28 inches long, and mocha colored skin.

"You ain't wrong," I said.

"Why you tryna have her coochie hanging out Candy?" Tasha went back to digging in my closet.

"Her pussy will be fine, matter of fact, I'll wear it since you people don't appreciate fashion," Candy grouched. The sound of keys in the lock interrupted our conversation.

"Y'all that's my best friend Amari, let me introduce y'all." I led them to the foyer of the apartment where Amari was pulling off her heels.

"Hey bestfriend," she said hugging me.

"Mari, this is Candice and Tasha, from my art class. They coming with us tonight." After my introduction, Amari gave them a weak smile and even weaker hugs.

"Girl I been meaning to text you," Amari said. Her eyes darted to my two friends. "I can't make it tonight, but I gotchu next time best friend."

"Oh." My face fell. "Okay, I guess." She gave me another hug and disappeared down the hall. Moments later her door closed.

"That was awkward," Candice offered.

It was kind of weird. I couldn't dwell on it. "Yeah but whatever. Maybe she ain't feeling well."

We went back to my room, and Candice put on the tight ass dress. She could pull it off. She looked like a ten in it, it was black and fit her body like a glove, and the super low neckline gave the illusion that she had something going on in the chest area. As pretty as she was, Candice didn't have much in the way of titties. She had her Havana twist in a chic bun. She wore clear bootie type heels.

"Yasssss bitch," Tasha screamed.

"Okay, you have to wear that," I gushed.

"I am wearing it! Now get y'all asses ready I'm ready to turn the fuck up before we get hit with all that college work and shit!"

Since she wanting to be rushing a girl and shit, I just grabbed a dress off a hanger and hoped it would do. It was olive green, fitted, and stopped right above my thighs. It was one of those cut out collar choker dresses, so I didn't need any neck jewelry. I did put on some diamond studs and I also put in my nose ring, which I hadn't worn since being at Unity. I pulled on some black heels, praying I wouldn't buss my ass. I debated what to do with my hair. I finally settled on a small bun in the front and the rest down.

"Aw, Yazzy, you're so pretty! You need to dress like this more often, I'm tired of seeing you in those damn tracksuits," Candice teased. She was referring to how I would mostly wear my sweats from high school to class. But shit, it was an art class, not a fashion show.

"She do look bad," Tasha agreed. She was dressed in a red v-neck jumpsuit, and it was cute as fuck. Six inch block heels had her towering over us. Her weave was flat ironed bone straight and pulled into a high ponytail. "Let me do y'all make up," she offered. Her face was already beat, and she was glowing.