3

A/N: So I know I said I would update next week, but I been writing a lot and I wanted to just publish it, lol. Don't judge me, the chapter is unedited.

Yazmine

After I finished my run, I came back home and showered. I didn't see Amari, but her car was outside so I knew she was just in her room. That was cool. I didn't want to see her. I felt better after my run, but still a little betrayed and afraid.

I went to the couch and plopped down. We had a smart TV so I pulled up Netflix and looked for a show. Running into Devonte literally had been a surprise. Even more surprising was the fact that he spoke to me. And I think he was even checking me out.

I smiled a little to myself. He asked me to come hang out. Too bad I had to decline. Even though Devonte was finer than a motherfucker, I wasn't ready. Even if all he wanted was friendship, which was usually what guys that looked like him wanted from me, I wasn't even ready for that. I thought I was, but my reaction when I found out Rico and Amari were communicating made me realize I never actually healed from Rico.

Sure, I cried, yelled, and cussed, but I didn't heal. I was immersed in a Netflix show when Amari finally made her way out of her room.

"Yaz," she whined. I looked up. She looked a mess, and I knew she had been crying. "Yaz, I'm sorry. If I knew you still cared about him I would have never..."

I sighed. "It's okay. I guess you couldn't really have known since I was lying to everybody, even myself about how I felt. Still, texting my ex? You was wrong for that, Mari."

She pounced on me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I cut him off, I swear."

"You better have!" I could feel a smile creeping on my face as she hugged me. I needed my Amari, even if she did do hoe shit from time to time.

"What we watching?" She asked, still hugging me. "Dear White People."
"This my shit!"
"Girl shut up and watch, we all know why it's your shit."

"Where's fine ass Reggie at," she said ignoring me. I just shook my head. She was a whole mess, but that was my best friend.

We binge watched for a couple hours, then she got up. "I'm going over to Trey's, if you want to come."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm gonna unpack. But do you boo, and make sure y'all have safe sex. I ain't tryna be no aunty yet!"

"Bye," Amari laughed, going to her room.

I turned the TV off, feeling loneliness creeping up on me. Wasn't shit to do, so I decided to actually unpack like I said I would. While Amari got ready for her dick appointment, I unpacked the boxes in my room, the living room, and the kitchen. Then I went into my bedroom and started looking at some of my upcoming courses online, checking to see if my syllabi had been uploaded yet.

"Girl, I'm out," Amari said. I looked up and saw her in the doorway to my room.

"Yasss, fuck a snack you a meal!"

She really looked cute as fuck to just be going over some guy's house she just met. She had on a bodycon mauve dress, that stopped just above her knees, exposing plenty of leg and thigh. Amari was what rappers were talking about when they said slim thick. Tiny waist, no stomach, hips and chest. Her long hair was flat ironed bone straight and her edges were laid. She went for a light make up look, but she was stunning with or without make up. Instead of wearing heels, she had on a pair of sandals, which was smart. She was just going across the street, after all.

"Be safe," I yelled as she headed off.

Seconds later the door slammed, and it was just me and my thoughts.