Lin Xi frowned because it was clear that someone stole Shen Heng's idea and actually put it out on the market before his lover did.

Thinking that Shen Jin was interested in his designs, Shen Heng told him more.

"The dress is going to be the centerpiece of the fashion show."

Lin Xi didn't continue listening to his lover and pulled him by his tie allowing them to meet at eye level.

"Shut up and just tell me who else saw the initial drawing."

System 1314: Host, don't act OOC!

Lin Xi sighed. His true personality was coming out due to the anxiety. Someone was definitely plotting against his lover. He didn't have time to think about the OOC restriction.

At the same time, Shen Heng was loving Lin Xi's attitude towards him. If they weren't in a room filled with people, he would have pulled Shen Jin into his embrace and taken advantage of this situation.

"Jin, you're so forward." Shen Heng's hands wandered dangerously near Lin Xi's butt.

Lin Xi thought that his lover's mind was always filled with perverted things.

"Brother, quickly tell me," Despite acting serious, Shen Heng had fallen for his charms.

If Lin Xi told him to jump off a bridge, he would definitely do it. Eventually, Shen Heng got a list of names that had access to the sketch. There were a total of ten people along with a folder containing their background checks. His lover wouldn't hire someone without making sure they had the qualifications. Flipping through all the pages, Lin Xi didn't find anything distinctive.

Shen Heng was confused by Shen Jin's actions and asked, "Is there something wrong?"

"There's a spy in your company. Your design was stolen." Lin Xi answered with seriousness.

Before his lover could reply, Lin Xi dragged him out to where the dress was displayed. When Shen Heng saw the dress, his eyes widened visibly, and coldness began exuding out of him.

—————

Back at the house, Lin Xi was cooking dinner in anger. After showing Shen Heng that his design was stolen, his lover forced Xia Chen and him to go home. Shen Heng claimed that he would figure everything out even though Lin Xi was the one who found the evidence.

Ignoring his lover's words, Lin Xi called out to the system.

Lin Xi: System, do you know who "V" is?

System 1314: In the original plot, after Shen Jin suicided, the Logan Company began rising in popularity and became a big competitor to the Shen Heng and his company. Due to unexplained consequences, "V" dropped out of the fashion show last minute. Even in the original plot, there is no description of who "V" is.

Lin Xi: Wait, is the fashion show you mentioned, the upcoming one that has Shen Heng's dress as the centerpiece?

System 1314: Yes.

After the system's confirmation, Lin Xi frowned in displeasure. The system continued to give Lin Xi bad news.

System 1314: In addition, there was never any news about any sketches being stolen.

Lin Xi: Hmmm, it must be my interference in this world. Shen Jin wasn't even supposed to be alive at this time period.

As Lin Xi continued to contemplate about the plot, he finished cooking dinner. Looking at the time, he noticed it was still early, so he went to take a relaxing bath with Xia Chen. In the middle of a bubble bath, Lin Xi had a realization that Xia Chen might be his clue. Without Lin Xi protecting the little boy, he should have been dead.

Suddenly, a scream broke the peaceful atmosphere. Lin Xi quickly left the bathroom with Xia Chen. More yells echoed throughout the house as Lin Xi glanced around the room to find a weapon. All he saw was the piles of messes everywhere. With the noise increasing and multiple footsteps approaching the door, Lin Xi pushed Xia Chen into the messy closet.

In a quiet voice, Lin Xi spoke, "Don't come out until I say so."

The boy's panicked eyes and quivering body wanted to protest but Lin Xi shushed him and closed the closet doors. Just as they closed, two men forced their way into his room. With no weapon, Lin Xi wasn't afraid and glared at the intruders.

"Where is the boy?" One of the men questioned in broken Chinese. Lin Xi noticed that both men were not of Chinese descent.

When the man saw that Lin Xi was not answering, he began to get angry and wanted to march up to him. Just when he took a step, his partner held out his hand stopping him from continuing.

"Wait, don't do anything rash," The man warned the other.

"We already failed once. We need to get the kid this time."

Lin Xi heard their conversation and knew they were speaking in English. They were the same men who attempted to kidnap Xia Chen a few days ago. The man approached Lin Xi with the intention of capturing him.

"Where is the boy?" He asked again, but with no response, his patience disappeared and wanted to grab Lin Xi.

Lin Xi gracefully dodged and tried to fight back. He threw a punch, but the man quickly caught it. Lin Xi forgot that his body was as weak as a twig while his opponent was all muscle.