3.6

Later that day, commotion came from Wang Lei's house and the villagers were saying how the mad man finally went crazy. Going to investigate, Lin Xi discovered that Wang Lei's father committed suicide – for what reason – no one knows.

Wang Lei who had already woken up from his fever heard all the commotion. Although he was expressionless, Lin Xi comforted him with a hug.

"Don't worry. I will be with you." Lin Xi said it sincerely and almost forgot about his task.

Wang Lei stared at him. Don't forget your promise.

—————

Years passed, and they both turned 18.

These days, Lin Xi felt that Wang Lei has become a little too sticky. He follows behind him like a dog. Lin Xi could almost imagine his tail sticking out and wagging, but he adored Wang Lei's beast. As they grew older, his beast did too and it became a majestic king. It was more than 2 feet long and he was almost as tall as him at 5 feet 2 inches.

Sadly, his beast was still a tiny white fox that was barely 1 foot long, but now he could fully control how many tails appeared. Somehow, Wang Lei also found out about his true form.

"Beast?" Wang Lei's speech stayed the same, but he occasionally said a few more words.

"Oh? You want to see mine?"

He nodded and Lin Xi transformed into a snowy, white fox.

"Where's your tails?" Wang Lei saw that he only had one. He was sure that Li Yang had nine tails when they were younger.

Lin Xi was shocked because he never exposed himself other than that one time he was running away from the boar. Being together with Wang Lei for 8 years, Lin Xi knew that what kind of person he was. He wouldn't betray him by telling the whole village.

Lin Xi showed his true transformation with all nine tails. Wang Lei's eyes darkened with desire, but it went unnoticed by Lin Xi. He petted the white, soft fur with affection while Lin Xi examined the weak boy that grew up as a strong man.

Wang Lei was no longer skinny and suffering from malnutrition. He had healthy, glowing skin with muscles showing. His adorable face became handsome as if he was a statue carved by a sculptor – similar to his lover. Reminded of his lover, he remembered that he needed to finish the task quickly before going out to find him.

Since they turned 18 years old, Lin Xi could finally stop feeding Wang Lei medicine because the doctor stated that when Wang Lei turned 18, he should be completely healed.

Despite saying that, Lin Xi had a pile of debt in herbs to collect, so he dragged Wang Lei with him every time because all the debt was caused by him. Also because he loved when Wang Lei turned into his beast; Lin Xi would sit on him while he did the walking. Lin Xi rested on top of the hot and hug the smooth fur when he heard Wang Lei's heart beating faster.

"Wang Lei, what's wrong? Your heart is beating so fast."

The black panther shook his head, but if he was in his human form, Lin Xi would see his face redden. When Li Yang touched his beast form, his heart would beat erratically. He didn't understand why, but he knew the youth on top of him was important.

—————

Today, they had to get a rare herb on the side of the mountain which was surrounded by bats that were twice the size of Wang Lei's orc. Not to mention that they were carnivores who likes human flesh. There was two bats circling the herb as if it was their treasure.

Lin Xi jumped off Wang Lei and told him, "Distract them while I retrieve the herb."

Wang Lei nodded and jumped up to the side of the mountain where the bats noticed an enemy. They immediately tried to bite him, but Wang Lei dodged and led them deeper into the forest. Lin Xi swiftly climbed up the mountain to get the herb, but as soon as he touched it, the bats sensed that another enemy was trying to steal their treasure.

They rapidly flew back and saw a fragile, tiny human taking their herb. Before they could take a bite at the intruder, the black panther caught up and saw that they were trying to hurt Li Yang.

A possessive feeling grew in his heart.

He is mine! No one can touch him!

He bared his fangs at the two bats and they went into battle, but due to the size difference, Wang Lei was obviously losing but he didn't back down.

Seeing blood and scratches on the black fur, Lin Xi felt distressed, but he was powerless in this world. He didn't have any weapons on him and he was unsure about bat's acupuncture points.

One of the bats saw that Wang Lei was getting weaker and flew to Lin Xi's position.

Lin Xi who was distracted by Wang Lei's injuries didn't notice the bat until it bit him.

"AH!" Lin Xi felt the fangs sinking in his skin.

"ROAR" Wang Lei heard his cry and quickly snapped the neck of the bat he was fighting. Then he ran to the other bat that bit Lin Xi. He pulled the bat away, but it tried to fly away causing Wang Lei to fall off the side of the mountain with the bat.

"WANG LEI!" Lin Xi screamed when he saw them fall, but he was paralyzed due to the bat's poisonous fangs and couldn't move.