"I heard she murdered her best friend." A girl with long red hair attempted to whisper. You slammed your book closed and glared in her direction.
You opened your mouth to say something, preferably tell them off, but someone cut you off.
"Hey! Just leave her alone! If you have any questions you should go up to her and ask them yourselves. But since your all snakes you don't have the courage to, so leave her alone." The boy yelled. You looked in the direction of where the voice was coming from. Surprised, you looked at Hoseok with wide eyes. The girls looked over at you and rolled their eyes.
"Whatever.." one of them whispered as she got out of her seat. The bell rang, and the class proceeded to exit the classroom as you packed up your things in your bag. Even the teacher left the classroom, which is really irresponsible.
You swung your bag over your shoulder and attempted to walk to the door without eye contact with Hoseok, but he stepped in front of the door before you could do so.
"Are you okay..?" He questioned worriedly.
"I'm fine." You sternly mumbled reaching for the door.
He blocked you again.
"Look I just want to go home, my head hurts and I-I just want to go home..." You stuttered.
"Let me walk you."
"No."
Hoseok tilted his head slightly, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.
"Y/N..."
"I told you we can't be friends." You reminded him, averting your gaze to the floor.
"Friends or not, I like to make sure that people are okay. I would want someone to make sure I were okay every once and while." He attempted to explain to you.
You sighed in annoyance at your mixed emotions.
"I'm not you so just leave me alone-"
"What's your deal? I just want to make sure you're okay."
"That's not your job."
"As a classmate, it is my job." He snapped back, a little frustrated. "I'm just worried about you."
"Hoseok stop it, we don't even know each other." You mumbled reaching for the door again. Hoseok quickly grabbed your wrist with his hand to prevent you from leaving.
"What? Do you want me to thank you for sticking up for me? I didn't ask you to do that."
He shook his head. "No, I don't want a thank you. I want to know if you're okay." He repeated himself.
"It's gum drops and rainbows now leave me alone." You scowled. Hoseok's eyes softened as the grip on your wrist loosened. Before he could say another word, you tugged your wrist out of his grasp, staring into his soft, brown eyes.
"Let me walk you home.." he whispered softly, grabbing hold of your hand gently. You swallowed your saliva, blinking to hold back he thin layer of tears you had in your eyes.

Who does he think he is? I don't know him, I don't want to know him.

You repeated as you proceeded to look at the ground.
"Y/N..?"
You instantly looked up at the sound of his delicate voice.
"I don't want to hurt you." You whispered frailly, leaning your forehead on his shoulder. You could hear him gulp at your sudden action, he was probably unsure on how to handle the situation. Eventually, he reacted by gripping your hand a little firmly before lifting your head off his shoulder.
"You won't hurt me." He replied delicately as he wiped the tears that had seemingly rolled down your cheeks.
You opened your mouth to reply, but you were cut off. Not by him speaking, but by the dark. All you remembered was your stomach rise to your chest, the warmth of someone else holding you tightly in their grip.

I'm standing in a dark room with a white chair and a large white lamp. Taehyung sitting next to it, playing with a small white dog. I looked down at the palms of my hands, it seemed I was wearing white too.

"Am I dead or something?" I asked him as I approached him. Taehyung chuckled and shook his head.
"No. This is a dream silly."
"Hm. I could've sworn it was the end of the line for me." I  joked, taking a seat next to him.
"If you did die, heaven doesn't look like this. Your soul ages four years in heaven before it's sent to take another human form. But four years here is about a minute on earth." He explained. I stared at him in confusion, tilting my head.
"Okay...so I died?"
He shook his head again. "You're going to wake up soon. Don't worry, I'm here for you."

Before you could respond, to Taehyung, you jolted up, covered in sweat. Your body was hot, cold, and shaky all at the same time. You looked to your left, where Taehyung stood in now black clothes. His arms crossed as he looked at you with kind eyes and a warm smile. You then looked to your right, where you saw Hoseok and Jungkook sleeping next to each other on the small chair beside your bed.
My bed..?
You looked down and realized that you were home. But...how did you get here?
Jungkook's eyes slowly fluttered open before he gasped, grabbing your hands at once.
"Y/N!" He shouted, causing Hoseok to wake up as well.
"I'm so glad you're okay Hoseok told me you fainted so I came over as fast as I could." He rambled in one breath. He looked so nervous.

He cared.

You looked up at Hoseok, who gave you a small smile before sighing softly.

He cared.

You repeated in your head. You felt your eyes tear up.
"H-hey whats wrong?" Jungkook frantically questioned at the sight of your tears.
"N-nothing my head just hurts like hell." You attempted lying as you rubbed your head. "Can you get me some water and some pills from the medicine cabinet? My step dad will show you where they are."
Jungkook quickly nodded his head and practically sprinted out of the room, almost slamming the door behind him.
"Why did you bring me here?" You instantly questioned Hoseok. He was rather shocked by your question, and a little offended by the looks of it.
"What do you mean? You can't tell me not to care about you when you straight up faint in the classroom." He spoke softly, taking a seat next to you on your bed. His scent is still the same as the first day you met him, the pink spread across his face was the same too.
"Why don't you want anyone to care for you..?" He questioned slightly hesitant.
You gulped, ignoring his question.
"I want to care for you Y/N, why won't you let me do it?"
You looked over to Taehyung, biting your lip.
"I can't tell you. If I tell you you'll think I'm a bad luck charm or a curse. Maybe even both."
"Y/N..." He repeated. "I would never-"
"What they said at school is true. I killed my best friend."

A/N:

Hello reader :) thanks for reading this chapter 😊. I hope you're enjoying the book so far, but we've still got a long way to go 😁 Good luck reader, fighting 💓