Chapter Fifteen// Searching & Missing

Ethan Suave~

For once in my life, I thought, I do not want to be here.

"Ethan!" Paul cheered once I entered the threshold of his packed house. "I've been looking for you, man!"

Although I had been to many parties before--specifically parties at Paul's place--where I typically completed my monthly chase after a girl, there was something vaguely eerie about being there that evening. I was used to the cacophonous noise and beads of sweat forming on my forehead from the amount of people around me, but I couldn't help but feel nervous about the outcome of what I could possibly encounter.

I had rushed into Paul's house feeling Elle's presence somewhere in the alcoholic atmosphere. What could she be doing here, anyway? I thought. This wasn't her typical Saturday night scene. At previous parties I found myself at, I never once caught a glimpse of Elle. But that could also be because she wasn't my target at the time and I was fixed on another girl. When I really thought about it, I sounded so shallow...

"Elle," I began, breathless. "Have you seen her?"

Paul took a sip from his drink before answering, squinting his eyes. "Yeah, actually. I was going to text you when I saw her, but then Tiffany Anderson came up to me, and you know how you can't ignore those curves of hers. She is so damn fine." He finished his sentence with a smirk.

"Where is she?" I asked, shifting my eyes from one person to another, hoping that they would land on Elle's beautiful features.

"Tiffany? Damn, I don't know, man. After she came up to me, she brought me upstairs and into my bedroom and--"

"Not Tiffany!" I yelled against the noise of the crowd. "Elle! Where's Elle?"

He brought the red solo cup to his lips, pondering for a second. "I remember seeing her by the drinks before Tiffany came up to me, and then as Tiffany and I walked upstairs, I saw her go into another bedroom with someone holding her. Someone probably beat you to it," he chuckled.

My eyes widen at the sound of the word bedroom, causing me to ignore his last statement. Screw you, Paul, I mentally insulted. "Who was with her?" I insisted. "Was it Devon?"

"I couldn't get a look at who. Plus, with the booze in my system and the sight of Tiffany's ass in front of me as she walked up the stairs, I was pretty distracted." I could tell that the laugh that followed was only to break the serious tone I was giving off. "Sorry, Ethan. She might still be up there, though."

I muttered a quick, "Thanks," before parting through the crowd of people and running up the stairs two steps at a time. I swore that if Devon had taken Elle to the bedroom to have sex with her, I would kill him, figuratively speaking (or maybe not). But then the thought dawned on me, and I wondered how he was able to convince Elle to follow him into the bedroom in the first place. Surely she would have given him a hard time.

The first room I passed by had a closed door. I opened it, my fist firmly grasping the knob and trashing it open. Greeted by a crying girl with a group of friends comforting her, I felt embarrassed at me barging in. Boyfriend troubles, I assumed. They gasped, I apologized, and I shut the door.

The room adjacent to this one was also closed. Opening it less frantically I did the other door, my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room reeking of the aroma of quick sex. After a year or two of having quickies here and there, I could easily detect occurrences in the spur of the moment.

When my sight accommodated the darkness of the room, I saw Devon sitting on the bed shirtless with his arms groping a girl. I couldn't tell who it was because her back was towards me, but the second I caught sight of Devon, I lost it. Just the man I was looking for.

"Devon!" I screamed, rushing towards him. He removed himself from the girl who I assumed was Elle. "Get the fuck off her!" Ripping him apart from the topless girl, I shoved Devon to the ground. The fucking bastard.

"Ethan? What the fuck!" he shouted, rubbing his ass after his landing.

My voice was ready to explode on him, but as I turned to face the girl, expecting to see Elle, my eyes scanned the curvy figure of Tiffany Anderson. "Hi Ethan. Come to join us?" she asked, not bothering to cover to bare breasts. Her slick smile gave off the licentious persona that I had previously been aware of. I was informed that she had always been the desperate type, which is why I never bothered to give her the time of day. So, I assumed, since she couldn't get me, she went to the next best thing: my brother.

"Tiffany?" I turned my body back to face Devon who was starting to lift himself up from the floor.

"You're nuts, Ethan. What? Are you going to tell me to stay away from Tiffany now too?" Devon asked, scratching the top of his head. "Are you going to tell me to lay off of every girl in this fucking school while you're at it?"

"I thought...Devon I thought you were with...Elle."

Devon snickered, "Again with this Elle thing? I think you're getting a little paranoid now, bro." He sighed when he realized I wasn't amused. "I wasn't with her. I didn't even know she was at Paul's house. This doesn't seem like her typical Saturday night, anyway. I just came for a good time."

"Paul said he saw her go upstairs."

"Then unless she was getting with some other guy, I don't know."

I stood still with shock, my body paralyzed with utter fear. Brushing the palm of my hand over my face out of frustration, I left the room without another word.

Tiffany came out after I left, wearing a shirt this time. "Ethan, wait! Are you sure you don't want to let loose with me?" she offered, resting her hands on my shoulders. She began to gently massage them. "You seem a little tense."

"No thanks," I answered, roughly moving away from her. As a result, she pouted and childishly scampered down the stairs.

I was extremely confused at that point. Whoever took Elle into a bedroom wasn't planning on simply taking a nap with her, and if Devon wasn't the guy who Paul saw Elle with, then who was it?

 Just as I was about to get back to the main floor, another door that I had yet to check sheepishly opened.

"Ethan."

Her voice was soft, nothing like it had ever been. I had been accustomed to the loud-mouthed Elle, but the tenderness and innocence tethering her speech was clearly evident. She looked disheveled; her hair was unlike its usual pin-straight elegance, tangling in many different areas. Her blouse was slightly open at the neckline, revealing the straps of her bra.

As she opened the door slightly wider, my eyes further skimmed her tousled appearance, and it was to my horror that I observed she wasn't wearing any pants.  

Author's Note: Speaking of updates, I'm sorry I take a long time to update and sometimes the chapters are pretty short, but work with me, here. Writing takes time, and I only want to share the best with you all. So, who do you think Alcohol-Supplier really is? What happened to Elle? And what happened to Elle's father?