Chapter Two//Boyfriend & Girlfriend

~Ethan Suave~

        "So Ethan," my best bud John began, slapping my shoulder with great force as he plopped next to me at the lunch table. "How's it going with this Elle chick? Has she fallen for the Suave yet?" he nudged, causing others at our table to partake in, chanting. "It's already been three days. You normally have this done and over with." Everyone at our table barbarically howled.

        "I don't know, guys. This girl is a hard head, but I'll get through to her. She can try to bypass me as much as she wants, but she'll come around. They always do, don't they?" I smirked. All the girls at school glorified me like I was God. I had observed throughout my high school years that my good looks always delivered for me. For instance, asking for what I needed was unnecessary. It just took one look to have all of my requests placed at my feet.

        "What about your brother?" Paul, the point-guard of the varsity basketball team, curiously inquired. "How's he and his girl doing?"

        I had no idea how far Devon had gotten with his girl. Heck, I didn't even know which girl he settled upon. It would have probably been a good idea if we discussed stuff like this beforehand, but I could not remember the last time Devon and I talked about something other than these finesse games. "I have no clue. Which girl did my brother choose?"

        As if on cue, Devon perched himself in front of me. "I didn't choose one yet, Ethan," he remarked. His eyes lingered to a lunch table on the other side of the cafeteria. I turned my head, and Devon was inspecting Elle's table. She was accompanied with a girl and guy, who I assumed were a couple due to their inability to separate from one another. "But that girl you chose is a cutie. I want her."

        I narrowed my eyes in his direction. "What do you mean you want her? I got her already, so back off." Of all the girls in our school, it made no sense to choose someone that I had already claimed. Devon and I had the same girl before, but never at the same time.

"What's wrong, big bro? Afraid of a little competition?" he teased.

 Running a hand through my hair, I sneered, shaking my head. "Is this a challenge?"

"Oh, I like where this is going," John spoke. "Do we have a little friendly brother-to-brother competition here?"

        All eyes at our table switched from me to Devon, then back to me. "Fine," I announced. "First one to get her in bed wins. Winner gets $100 from the loser. Loser has to..." I peered around the room, finding something, anything that would be the perfect punishment. "...show up to school wearing a dress," I stated, as a girl with a floral dress angelically floated by.

"Ooo," the guys at our table chanted. "Wear a dress! Wear a dress!"

Devon smirked and stretched his hand out for me to shake. "Deal," he agreed. I firmly clasped his hand, and we shook on it.

  Lifting myself up from the table, I smirked. "Better find a dress now," I snickered before walking to the table where Elle sat. Game on.

I slid myself next to Elle, while her two friends cuddled on the opposite side. At first she did not notice my presence until the guy who had his arm wrapped around the girl said something. "What are you doing here?" he grunted. "You're not welcomed here."

"I just came to remind Elle about our study date later. You remember, right?" I informed, turning to face her.

    Our bodies were merely inches from each other. She scooted father from me, avoiding eye contact. Instead, she focused her eyes on the tray rested in front of her. "Yeah, I remember. But it's not a date," she calmly explained. "You're simply my tutor who has to tutor me because I am failing English, okay?"