#1

1st of March 2005

It's been a week since me and Cath have made the pact of marrying each other. I'm not sure if she took it as a joke but I was dead serious. I love her, in a sisterly way of course and don't want to see her grow into a cat lady in 20 years.

Cath started dating Ken Williams. They were talking at lunch, flirting. I tried to cut him off but he then said "What is it Cooper? Do you fancy Cath?" Everyone laughed and it made me go all red, since I didn't want to think of Cath like that and she only sees me as a brother. 

Then in English he passed her a note, asking if she wanted to hand out at Creams that night. She replied yes. Now she can't stop talking about how he bought her a Oreo Sunday and they then went to the park and she had her first kiss. I asked her to stop since it was gross thinking about a guy like Ken kissing my best friend.

She asked me what I meant by 'a guy like Ken' and I told her about how he's kind of an ass to girls. She asked me to leave since I was obviously jealous that Ken was able to ask a girl out when I couldn't even talk to one without stuttering. I went home and next morning she was early at my house with a 'I'm sorry' cupcake. I forgave her since I knew she was just angry because she knew I was right. 

She broke up with him and I consider it a job well done for me.