"Enjoying yourself?" I raise an eyebrow and glance down to the hand he has on me. Colton smirks at me, his tall figure towering above mine. "Oh please, you love me being this close."

'Mate is sexy when he smirks.' The same blush creeps on my face and I groan internally. 'Yes, I thought we established this.'

'I like mate's height.' She pines again and I roll my eyes. 'You like everything about him don't you?' It takes a moment before she agrees with me.

'Just wait until you see his temper.' I comment, completely zoning out of the real world and getting lost in the conversation with my wolf. 'Mate won't hurt us.'

"Taylor?" Colton nudges me and I snap out of my daze. We are approaching a small shaft built out of wood and Diesel standing next to it tapping his watch. "We have to go under ground now. I want you to know that no matter what no one will hurt you down there." The reassurance that he gives me almost makes me worried about how bad the cells can be but I know as future Luna this may very well be part of my duties. I never visited my old packs prisons, my father would never allow it. But I remember, when I was younger, Darren telling me stories about the crimes people committed to be in there. It would always end with Darren scaring me or his brother, Cody, coming to tell us to go to bed. That was until his brother wasn't allowed out of his room anymore. He still gives me the creeps.

"I can't believe he let you come after yesterday's argument." Diesel whispers as he slides the wooden door of the shack open to reveal an elevator. "I make my points strong."

"You do know I'm only stood a foot behind you?" Colton interrupts causing both Diesel and I to laugh. I step into the lift that clearly hasn't been modernised in a long time and grip onto the steel railing as the boys shut the gate. I hate lifts. "Are you Okay?" Colton leans down, I try my best to give a convincing nod but he sees right through it.

"No one will hurt you-"

"It's not that, I just don't like lifts." I mutter stepping closer to Colton. He makes me feel safe, I guess that's the mate bond working it's magic. "Spiders and lifts, anything else I should know about?" Colton cocks his head to the side.

"Being locked in." I mumble thinking back to being trapped at home with my mother and father arguing behind the locked door. I saw Colton drop his head a little bit before stealing a glance in my direction. "Oh shit." Diesel coughed breaking the tension and I inwardly smile. Colton opens the lift door and guides me out without saying anything, the hand he places on my lower back seems so natural and I don't think he realises he's doing it. 

"It's sector 1 wolves that have begin to cause trouble." Diesel says to us, the cells fall silent besides a few at the far end. Most of the wolves in the cells were males and when they got word Alpha Dowry is down here they appear at the small hole in the door to get a look. "Stay close to me." Colton whispers and places me inbetween him and Diesel.

"So what's going on?" I look down the darkened narrowed hallway, guards at every other cell door. "The guards were doing their rounds and when they went into sector 1 a few wolves reacted different. Violent." Diesel opened another door labelled with a one. As soon as I entered, i could hear the distinct violent growls of the wolves trapped there. "What pack are they from?"

"What's it to you Darling?" A man pressed his face against the bars, licking his lips lustfully. As he stares at me, I break away from Colton and Diesel and approach the door.  The boys carry on not realising I had stopped- not one of the brightest ideas I've had. The man is leaning arrogantly despite the situation he is in, a lazy smile spreading across his features. "Would you like to tell me?" I tilt my head to the side with a sickly sweet smile.