Sympathy For the Devil

Mulai dari awal

"Relax Kim, if I wanted either you or your girlfriend dead then you both would be. I could of just given Chaerin your address, no?" she said confidently as she observed Jennie's body language. Jennie relaxed a little, but was still cautious, "then what is it you want from me?". The older woman smiled again, "now you are asking the right questions". Dara picked up a black leather briefcase from by her feet and placed it on top of Jennie's desk, she then pulled out a notebook from her jacket pocket and scribbled something down on it with one of the younger girl's pens. Jennie looked on curiously but with suspicion. Dara once again flashed Jennie a sweet and unnerving smile, "on this piece of paper is a name and a number, in the briefcase is 3,245,715,000 KRW (3 million dollars)in unmarked cash". Jennie's eyes bulged. The attorney walked over to the younger girl and handed her the piece of paper.

'Park Bom - 010-4321-9772'

The black haired girl looked at the attorney in confusion, tilting her head as she read the note paper. "Call the number, she won't say anything when she answers. Use her name, and then yours, she knows who you are so her intrigue alone will make her listen to you if nothing else. Tell her how much money you have in the briefcase but don't tell her where you got it" Dara said calmly. Jennie raised an eyebrow, "and what am I supposed to say the money is for?". Dara ran a finger through her long brown hair, "you are going to buyout Lone Wolf's services". 

Jennie staggered backwards a little, staring at Sandara is disbelief, the older woman must be insane. Why on earth would Jennie want Lone Wolf's services when she has G-Dragon training Chaeyoung and Wendy. Why would she want to hire someone that she believes stabbed her girlfriend and murdered Joy. "What makes you think I would even begin to consider this?" Jennies asked, still in awe. "For her" Dara replied, nodding her head in Lisa's direction, "I told you Jennie, you are a problem. I do not tolerate threats to my wife, I make sure I eliminate anyone who is a danger to her. But that doesn't mean I'm not willing to negotiate, killing isn't the first thing I do. I'm not a psychopath. Your father hired Lone Wolf to kill you and you have hired G-Dragon to kill Chaerin. That concerns me...Jiyong concerns me. If Chaerin is working for you however, then you do not need to have her killed. And if you are no longer planning on killing my wife, I need no longer plan on killing you". Dara leaned in close to the younger girl's face, "and believe me Jennie Kim, I will kill you if I need to. Tell me, who will be there to pay for your girlfriend's medical treatment and protect her if you are gone?".  

Jennie gulped, hard. She looked at Lisa, her beautiful girlfriend, laying still and peaceful in her bed. So helpless, so innocent. "How can I trust you?" Jennie whimpered. Dara pointed at the note paper, "on that paper is the name and number of a very close friend of mine. I have put Bom, who is like a sister to me, in a great deal of risk by giving her details to someone like you". "Someone like me?" Jennie laughed, offended. Dara smirked, "you are a mob boss, are you not? A killer, just like your father". The black haired woman raised her eyebrows, "and you? I'd bet all the money in that briefcase that this isn't the first time you've threatened to kill someone. And I'd also bet you have even more blood on your hands than me". The attorney casually sat down in Jennie's office chair, crossing her leg over the other one, "have you heard of me Kim? I imagine you have, my law firm has been representing clients against SHK Investments for years". "Yes, I have" Jennie replied coldly. Dara smiled again, "then you'll know I am personally responsible for sending a lot of criminals to prison. I generally tend to pick my clients wisely, my wife excluded. I give a lot of money to charity and when I become Supreme Prosecutor I will do everything in my power, and I'll have a lot of it, to clean this country up from the mafia scum and corrupt politicians that control it. I may do bad things when I have to Kim, but I have done a lot more good in my career. But what about you? What good have you done? You have just taken after your father, running around playing gangsters. Even your mother dedicated herself to protecting people". Jennie flinched, Dara knew about her mother...how? She really must have connections all over the country, she'd be a very valuable ally.